Bigfoot has been Found! *pics*

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Sickboy, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Yeah, and yet it didn't stop several members here from buying into it... without any further investigation.

2. me too.

..and what the fuck would it be doing in Georgia of all places??? And where's the rest of them, there can't just be one! It'll turn out to be a hoax or a marketing gimmick or just plain bs.

3. One of the dudes involved offered a Pay Per View show in the late 90's or something that claimed you could see bigfoot blah blah blah all for the low low price of $59.95:hello:

4. I see a monkey suit in a cooler box with some intestine/tripe thrown over it. Seems a little slapped together?

5. i love how everyone ignored CALI's original post. hahaha

yeah dude as soon as i seen that on the other thread.. i was like..

/conversation.

hahaha:smoke::smoke:

6. So today's supposed to be the day they show their evidence...

I hadn't read this bit before:
    So there's more of them?!!

how do you drag the body of a 7 ft creature out of the woods? :confused:

7. I don't believe a word of it, im very sure if there was such a thing like bigfoot evidence of it's existence would have been found years ago.

8. The most intelligent animal on earth is the one that hasn't been discovered by humans yet.
    I think there is a slight possibility that it could be legitimate. I'm obviously skeptical, but if DNA testing is done and respected officials and scientists are examining it, it could very well be real. We'll just have to wait and see.

9. What?

Nope. Even the cryptozoologists are skeptical enough to drag this ugly chimera of a hoax to the ground.

http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

10. #30 chiefMOJOrisin, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    There is a big difference in saying something could happen, and saying I believe that dumb looking pile of brown.

It is entirely possible that one day Sask will be revealed as truth. Though, until I am smelling it's dead corpse or being givin a piggy-back ride by one..... I will continue to wait for proof. But I am not blind to possibilites....

I think it is worse to sit and totally deny the possibility of a large mammal unknown to science living on earth.... than to accept the reality of possibilities. Or to even believe in Bigfoot.

Giant Squid??? Any large mammal that ever lived with humans???? Ya know.... all you smart guys.... you, and everyone else, didn't know anything about anything until proof arrived. Paleolithic Indians though the ground sloth was a unpenetrable monster. The giant squid was thought to be myth....even when dead specimens were found. Now we know they have fat Arctic cousins called Collosal squid. Shit.... for a while (when humans were supposedly civilized) that if you thought the earth wasn't the center of all, then you were a heretic. Galileo was put on trial for things we know to be infallible truths.

No one knew anything until the norm passed over.

Sounds to me like people are either afraid of being incorrect/proven wrong..... or just ignorant.

Out of the umpteen millions of species on our planet..... how many of them were just, known?? Oooohh... thats right!! NONE!! Everything was found. Why in the world is it so unlikely that another primate be found?? There are still dozens (probably hundreds) of native, primitive tribes that live in our planet's rainforests, deserts, wherever..... if an entire tribe of humans can have a village...with livestock and violent neighbors and crops and get-togethers..... then why can't a small race of large mammals be hidden somewhere too??

HAVE YOU BEEN EVERYWHERE ON OUR PLANET??? CAN YOU POSITIVELY SAY THAT YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT THERE IS NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER THAT SASK IS REAL????

No.

Oh yea..... everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Calling someone out because they believe or don't believe what you do is the definition of immature and ignorant.

11. Indeed. Almost anything is possible. Not everything is probable.

Deep down, I feel the same way about ALF

Being skeptical in the name of the game.

Agreed. but who does that?

Why would one believe something without proof?

Your point?

It has nothing to do with the norm. It has to do with the burden of evidence. Scientific consensus has been historically wrong. That's why an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. It is much better to investigate the evidence and validity of a claim instead of who makes it.

You can't be wrong if you're never certain.

Many reasons, actually, including the long history of hoaxes and charlatans pertaining to big foot. The lack of reliable validated evidence.

Namely that it suggests a large primate, bigger than most of the other great apes living in North America, countering most of what we know about the evolution of the great apes, and their feeding and lifestyle habits.

Not to mention that in nearly 500 years of colonization and habitation, there has yet to be a single body found. Not to mention that the area of supposed sightings range almost the ENTIRE continent, including areas in Europe.

Most cryptozoology revolves around small mammals, invertebrates, insects and fish. This is because they're hard to find.

All this serves to do is remove credibility from the hypothesis.

Well first off who said that?

Secondly; are you having some kind of emotional breakdown or something? Calm down, nancy.

Um, not that's not the definition of either of "immature" or "ignorant".

I know it sucks to be called out on being credulous, and being hoodwinked by a couple of Georgian hillbillies, but it's no reason to go out and attack the skeptics.

In fact calling people out for their credulity, or bias, or honest mistake is an important process of the scientific method called "peer-review"

12. I never heard anything of their "press conference" on Friday. Did anyone else?

13. Hey, what did you expect? Con-artists usually flee the scene of their crime before the con is exposed. What boggles me though is:

1: How could anyone take their claims at face value?
    2: Why do people still believe in the bigfoot myth?

Critical thinking do require a bit of effort now and again, but this particular hoax was a no-brainer.

14. I'm glad you took the time (must have been a lot) to nit-pick every sentence of my post.... If not, I wouldn't have known who the smartest dude on the forum was.

And last time I checked... there weren't any great apes in North America....ever. Unless you are reffering to humans.

And, whats it to you if I have a pussy attack??? Thats my perogative. If I directed anything towards you, then, perhaps, your responses would be warrented. If you have a problem with people expressing their own opinions... then I feel for you.

15. Awww poor little victim. :(

16. HAHAHAH someone told me they found bigfoot in some nowhere state when i was drunk the other night, and i just laughed.

Dude, bigfoot doesn't exist.

17. Haha... fuckin A.

18. John Lennon was bigfoot.