BIG Tim Tebow for Heisman!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ek9steven, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Yeah Dennis Dixon is the real deal.. much better than Tebow.

Tebow might get it down the road, but not this year.. not to a sophomore.

I just think Brennen deserves it... he did everything he needed to do.. he played great all year.

Tebow and his gators lost 3 games, they arent even good.

2. 2 of those losses being from current top 4 teams in the country(GA and LSU), watch what happens when Georgia plays Hawaii, you'll see why schedule strength is big factor

and saying Fla isnt even good is retarded we would be in a BCS bowl game if there wasnt a rule against more then 2 teams from one conference getting invitations

Tebow's only a sophmore and he's already got haters :rolleyes:

3. Hmm, no

they lost to #1 LSU, #18 Georgia, and unranked Auburn.. and finished 4th in the SEC Overall.

Tennesee beat them out.. so no, they had very little chance of playing in a BCS bowl, hell they wouldnt even make the playoff if there was one.

Not hating on Tebow, he just isnt the best player... hes great and dominates college football.. but he isnt the best player available, and definetely not the best pro prospect.

EDIT- and dont complain about Florida not getting in because of the 2 per rule, complain about Oklahoma.. who lost 2 games, and manhandled the #1 team in Missouri to finish the season.

4. Another underappreciated stat is that Colt Breenen has had a QB rating of over 110 in 9 of the 11 games he played this season.

And yes, Georgia will be a great barometer of just how good Hawaii is.. but Georgia was also an outside shot at the National Title, and is a cream of the crop team this year.

5. Tebow is, and always wil be, a college player.

6. Yep.. Reminds me of Eric Crouch from Nebraska a couple years back.

7. i said current top 4 teams, losses to GA, LSU and Aub.>>>the 3 teams that Illinois lost to and Fla would be in Ill. spot if it wasnt for the 2 team rule

Fla beat 5 or 6 ranked teams and IMO are clearly better then Illinois, we finished pretty strong too, not to mention playing the SEC

Eric Crouch couldnt throw the ball to save his life, Tebow on the other hand has a sick QB rating, just cuz Tebow can run people count him out, can't wait to see what their saying in his Jr. and Sr. year

to say a sophmore who has thrown for 29 td and 6 int's has no chance to be succesful in the leaugue is just plain dumb

8. Make a few coctails, sit back, relax....and watch my boy Tebow take the Heisman home to UF tonight. I predict a win by atleast 500 points. You wanna argue on why he shouldnt get it? Or wont get it? Bring it son! I'll give you atleast a half dozen reasons on why he deserves it/will get it.

9. Yeah Illinois isnt good.. I have no agrument there.. Im just saying Florida wasnt worthy of a BCS Bid regardless.. Georgia, Tennessee, and LSU were all better, IN their own divison.. just because you get beat up by your own conference doesnt mean you are good, it just means that you got beat up by the good teams in your conference.

The Agrument isnt against Tebow.. its FOR Colt Brennen, he played great.. if you actually watched any Hawaii games you would know.. And im sure people will agree with me there.. He executes amazing.. He won every game, no matter who you play, that is still an accomplishment.. 12-0.. and he set the all-time TD record in college football, while having that 110 QB rating 9/11 games.

10. Tennesee isn't better, we beat them by a good 30 points and they have 3 losses also(4 if you count the loss to LSU) they just had a better in confernce record

11. i wouldnt be surprised if Tebow won back to back heismans, this year and the next [​IMG]

12. i couldnt agree more about if the gators were in the wac tebow would have probably tripled his numbers

and i dont know about that whole tebow is not going to dominate in the nfl when the time comes because odds are he will go to the nfl and probably make his presence felt.

tebow is a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawaii is garbage.

13. you clearly havent seen them play.. no one who has watched hawaii play can possibly say they are garbage.

florida also has a much larger recruiting pipeline than the university of hawaii.. thats why they are in the WAC.

Tebow is a monster.. but he wont be in the NFL

Brennen has a much quicker, more accurate delivery.

Just watch both teams before making your opinion.. Im a Michigan fan, im not partial to either team.. and Brennen is the better player.

14. You guys gotta think out of the box. Tebow could be a great quarterback in the NFL.. it all depends on what kinda offense the team is running. A team could literally base their offense scheme around their quarterbacks abilities.. for example, the gator offense this year has completely based their scheme around Tebow' abbilities. If he was drafted by a team who was willing to change up their way of doing things to focus around his gifted abilities..then he could be great; hypothetically.

15. we'll see.. who was the last good QB to come out of Florida? I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Tebow isnt a good enough passer.. and isnt a fast enough runner.. Dennis Dixon pwns Tebow. but we'll have to wait and see... I just think NFL defenses will be much more discipline and be able to handle him.. Tim Tebow sure in hell is no Donovan McNabb or Daunte Culpepper in their prime.

You can agrue all you want, but the future is unpredictable.. Tebow could have a career ending injury.

16. we'll see whatsup when hawaii plays georgia

than hopefully they will go back to their hole where they came from...

tebow's accuaracy is pretty insane, he def has the long ball down

25+(or something like that) pass td's would indicate some pretty good accuracy

17. btw homies when is the heisman presentation and what station?

18. 29 TD's to 6 INT's sophmore year thats prolly as good or better then every great QB to ever play in the leaugue, these fool have no base for their argument except past Fla QB's and the fact that Tebow is dual threat

19. 8pm eastern on espn

20. Colt Brennen passed for over 4000 yards and 35 TD's and 13 Ints as a sophomore. Over 5500 yards, 58 TD's and 12 INts as a Junior.