Big plant!!! Tips to train for beginners

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eiregrower32, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hi I'm anew grower and have currently two plants ready to go into flower!
    A Trainwreak from humboldt seeds
    And a Colorado rainbow Kush
    They have another 2 weeks before I can have space to place them to flower!!
    So my problem is the rainbow kush is at least 3-3.5ft tall long heavy sativa phenotype
    My trainwreak (although supposedly sativa dominant) is a indica dominant and sitting at just under 2ft!
    With the two weeks extra veg and the jump in flower it might him the 6ft mark I just don't have hight for this!

I've topped this plant at least 4 times and have a Scrog ready for it to go into but would like to hear what more experienced growing would do in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I add that it currently is in a 15ltr pot with soil and is being transplanted tonight to a 22ltr left grow into that for a bit before flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Pictures help a lot. I wonder if you just didn't have enough light so they were stretching the whole time

This link will give you plenty of tips on training for this and your next grow Cannabis Training Techniques - LST, Topping & More | Grow Weed Easy

A scrog screen is a great way to manage height but it kinda sounds like you've waited too long to install it. It can be hard to put a screen in after they've gone ape-shit but that might be your best bet. Put something under the shorter plants to raise them to the same level as the taller plants and carefully lower the screen while you manage the branches.