Big news from denmark!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Poisongage, Jan 7, 2009.

1. #1 Poisongage, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/nationen/article1106384.ece

This article from the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, explains that a new party in Denmark, called Borgerligt Centrum, and it's leader, Simon Emil Ammitzbøll, is going to push for the legalization of private use of cannabis.

Of course, they need to get elected first, but things are looking up. So far they are looking like they are going to get the amount of votes they need to get into our Parliament, and if they do, chances are, we'll be having legal weed here in Denmark.

Now i know this is just a whistle in the wind, and nothing concrete yet, but it is very good news none the less.

There have been major discussion in the past year about the legalization here in Denmark, and now we can only hope that it is big enough to fill out the mainstream media.

There are 5,6 million people in Denmark, and over 2 million people have alledgedly smoked cannabis one time or more. There are an estimated 500.000 regular cannabis users in Denmark, which makes it 1/10 of the population.

I am so extatic right now, def. gonna back this guy up, even though i didn't really like him before.

LEGALIZATION - NO MORE OPPRESSION :smoke:
    ------------------------------------------------------

The article's main points translated:

Simon Emil: People are allowed to smoke hash. "Fewer curfews and rules" was the parole coming from Borgerligt Centrum yesterday, and today Simon Emil Ammitzbøll is adding to that notion: Legalize Hash.

- Free hash. How will Borgerligt Centrum stand in relation to the hash-legalization question?

"I have never myself tried smoking hash, but it's up to the people to decide if they want to smoke hash or not." says Simon Emil Ammitzbøll who adds;
    "I'm having a hard time with a law that criminalizes a very big part of the danish population, and then you also have to think about that the criminalization is contributing to the gang shootouts we have seen this autumn."

In the younger part of the ruling party Venstre, they are cheering that a parliament politician from the civic centre-right side, is now getting out of his chair to openly adress the subject of legalization.

"I think that is just great. I am sure that there are many other centre-right politicians that believe that we need legalization of the likes of Holland - but they are just afraid to stand up and speak about it openly and honestly about it." says Venstre Youth's national chairman Thomas Banke.

2. Woah nice to hear that !! how far is it from Germany to Dänemark? xD :smoking:

3. Haha you're from Germany ?

AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE DENMARK IS ? Come on :D

4. :D of course i know where u counrty is i just wanted to know how far away it is .. never been there so ..xD but i prefer to go to the Nederlands an smoke here it is legal here :) and not so far away ilive 5 km far away from the boader :):smoking:

5. You have it nice then :D

Well from Copenhagen to Amsterdam there is about 7-800km.

So a couple of hours drive, not much :D

6. Yeah true i only need 2 hours by car and also 2 by train but i can get to my coffeeshop behind the dutch boader in 20 minutes by bike :) that the best thing of all :):smoking:

7. Are they going to legalize its production as well?

8. Hahahaha sweet man :D

That is fucking nice.

9. I think this is a push for decriminalization like in Holland to begin with, don't know the extent of which they want to legalize it yet, it's a brand new party.

But i figure that we would have tolerance laws that allow you to grow a small amount of plants for your own use, and to be allowed to buy weed from a shop.

But like i said, i don't know yet, i will def. keep GC posted on the topic.

If it goes through, i'm inviting all GC members to my house for a toke-down :D :smoke:

10. Woah nice tolance law´s ."dreaming";). in germany is only the consum of drugs not ilegal.. that sucks when the law will change i will visit Kopenhagen ..:):smoking:

11. I am a New York-based American that has visited Europe a number of times. The people of Denmark were really friendly and hospitable - among the nicest in the world. I hope that this legalization goes through, because I'd love to go back and this would be another reason to do so. :hello:

12. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

There are many things you can say about Denmark, but in general, we are a friendly people. :smoking:

And we are a cannabis nation. It is just not very evident to outsiders, because the statistics are hidden in the underworld because of the legal issue :D

Did you visit Christiania when you where there ?

For those of you who have no idea what that is, read this:

Christiania, also known as Freetown Christiania (Danish: Fristaden Christiania) is a partially self-governing neighbourhood of about 850 residents, covering 34 hectares (85 acres) in the borough of Christianshavn in the Danish capital Copenhagen. Christiania has established semi-legal status as an independent community, but has been a source of controversy since its creation in a squatted military area in 1971. Its open cannabis trade was tolerated by authorities until 2004. Since then, measures for normalising the legal status of the community have led to conflicts, and negotiations are ongoing.
    Among many Christiania residents, the community is known as staden ('the town'), short for fristaden ('the freetown').

---

Although it says that cannabis trade was tolerated, and that it is no more, the cannabis trade is just as big and evident as before. :D

13. Of course I did!;) I bought a couple of joints while I was there. The only problem was after returning back to the hotel, I found that they had tobacco mixed-in with the weed. This is not done in the U.S., so I didn't expect it. Being an ex-cigarette smoker, I didn't want to use them so unfortunately had to flush them.

Still, I had a great time there during my vacation and would return in a heartbeat.

14. That was a bummer. But you could have easily smoked them, the tobacco we put in joints are roasted, so the nicotine content is mostly evaporated. So a couple would have been fine :D

15. lol I was last year in spanie they had also a interesting way to roll the joints .. they only smoke it pur only weed like a blunt but with normal long rolling papers and instated of an filter or tip they use a pic of an cigaret as filter and they were wonderful smooth to smoke and they say that if u do this u get the tast of the tabacoo but no tabacco but i dont know what i should think of that but high u will from these for sure :D xD very :smoking::D

16. #16 garrison68, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    In Denmark, I took one hit off of a joint with tobacco with it, and stopped. I think that they mix tobacco to stretch the weed, but I couldn't stand it. I would rather smoke nothing than this method. I probably could have gotten some pure weed, or hash, albeit at a price, in Christiana if I had known to ask for it.

The other bad thing about Christiana was that there were some very sick, even diseased, people running around loose. I saw one really crazy woman with what looked like lesions all over her skin. She was not minding her own business, and was messing with people.

I'll leave Christiana off my list of stops for future visits, unless there is evidence that things have improved. I was there about 10 years ago.

17. #17 Poisongage, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    I can promise you that things have gotten better, and MUCH have changed, because in the 90's there was a gang war between the danish Hells Angels and Bandidos chapters. And during that time, the hard drug use was really bad, especially in Vesterbro (another borough in Copenhagen). This had a big influence on Christiania, because it was known as the soft drug capitol in Denmark. They do not tolerate hard drugs out there, but the rockers forced it out there, and that created major problems. But you are unlucky that you have witnessed that becuase i have been there many times and every single time was a lovely experience.

Check this thread i made here for visual confirmation :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/317565-christiania-place-visit-d.html

18. That's great news. I believe that places can change - New York City was pretty bad from the late 1960's through the early 1990's, but crime has gone down to levels not seen here in 50 years.

Nice photos, BTW.

19. Thanks. I hope i have convinced you that things are better :D

20. We had a good time, overall, and it was very cool, in retrospect. Looks better now, though - fancier, almost "tourist trap" looking. :hello: I'm kind of glad I was there once before they sanitized it.