Big Lady Big Problme :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fonzi03, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Heyyyy guys i will post some pics as soon as the light goes on but i just put her into flowering and its been about a week now. But she has purpling pretty bad on the leaf stems and on the main stalks of the plant. Some leaves all throughout the middle and upper section of the plants edges are curling down and inward. It is what i origonally thought to be a P deficiency. If i remember right our last few waterings have been between 6.0 and 6.5 to get as much P to absorb as possible.

Plant is under a 400watt HPS and recieiving:
    Fox Farms Grow Big Full Strength
    Maxibloom Full Strength
    Microbe Brew Catalyst
    CalMag
    Silica Blast
    Liquid Karma
    Sweet
    Flower Dragon

And we just ran out of but were using
    Mumega and Seaplex

The plant is roughly 4 or so feet tall so that is the reasoning in feeding her a full strength grow nute and a full strength bloom nute at the same time. As flowering progresses we were going to wean off the grow big and add more maxibloom(switchin to Big Bloom) as neccessary. Could this possibly be an overfert because of the two nutes combined at full strength? I didnt think it was because none of the leaf tips are curling upward or burning...Any help is appriciated ill get pics up as soon as i can

2. Curling down and yellowing , or clawing is usually nutrient burn from what Ive seen... I have very large plants in 7 gallon containers, and I never hit them with full strength of anything.

Pics always help of course. But you got a good base nutrient line-up , dont try to reinvent the wheel though, just follow the feed charts , and lower the dosages a bit. How often do you feed in relation to waterings? whats your growing medium and min/Max temps and humidity.

3. There is your problem right there, you are feeding at 2x full strength.:eek::confused:

If not burning, you are locking out because of too much of something.

1/2 strength of each=1x full strength.;)

Wet

4. every other watering is a nute water and i only add the microbe brew once every other week as reccommended. Ok i will try lowering the nutes and giving it just full strength bloom nutes and no veg nutes now that it is in flowering. Ill post some pics rpetty soon here...no yellowing just drooping and somewhat clawing

5. You should probably flush to get a clean slate..

Do a forum search on flushing.

6. #6 fonzi03, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
    i did a flush with the last watering...in attempt to stop what i thought was coming and it didnt help...i just hooked up a RO system though and the water was at 600ppm before and now 150-200 so ill use fresh water again on the next watering then go to only bloom nutes thanks

i took some pictures and will post them when i can get them off my phone.