big green ball of knowledge

Discussion in 'General' started by rehabshit, Apr 17, 2010.

1. This is a crazy theory so don't read if you don't feel like thinking or reading a lot.

I had an intense theory about life. I'll make a couple of assumptions first:

1. we have free will

Some people that believe in God think we have no free will and we have destines. That's okay, but one can believe in God and still believe in free will and believe in Destiny. There in no contradiction, but that is another discussion. Let's just stick with the assumption for now.

2. there are an infinitely different amount of actions that can happen after a single moment in time

I'll try to explain #2 a little bit. I am simply saying that the next thing you do in the very next second could be different in an infinite amount of ways. So, just now, if you moved your hand slightly, you could have NOT moved it, or moved it slightly another way, or another way, or you could have had a thought why you did it, or a different thought, or screamed out loud, or smacked yourself. You could have smacked yourself differently. So an infinite amount of things are possible in any given moment.

3. time progresses in some way

This is where the ball comes in:

A long time ago my friend came up with this idea of a big green ball of knowledge. I'm not sure what it was or what he meant but a long time later I had a sort of epiphany about it. I was so high that I was certain I understood life.

I forgot 99 percent of what went on that night, otherwise I would be writing about something else but I did retain some of it.

I had this idea of life-

What if life and it's choices aren't the way we think of it on a linear time scale? We always think of time as a line and we do many things through this life and then time progress. But a line would indicate we have no free will.

But life isn't pre-determined (meaning we have free will), then why are we thinking of it as a time line?

My theory is that life is a sphere. Every life starts in the middle of the sphere and rather than traveling on a line, a person can take an infinite amount of paths through the sphere. Since you could theoretically cut a 2D circle in half forever until the pieces were infinitesimal small (which is forever), a sphere would signify a person could take an infinite amount of paths (of life) through it from the center to the outside in any 3 dimensions.

And I don't think these path's are straight. I think they can go any direction and zig zag and go backwards, which is why so many lives are different. Some are good, some bad, some crazy, some beautiful. Everyone's life is different and unique in their own way.

Everyone's life ends at some point. Rather than meeting the end of the timeline I think people meet the end up the sphere. They reach the outside of this sphere (solid or not, I'm not sure). I think reaching the outside is the end (death maybe). Some sphere's are smaller, so some people die faster, however one can influence their life or death by traveling straight to the outside of the sphere or deviating and traveling around it. This could explain why we have the ability to kill ourselves, but we also could choose to live as long as we can. (as long as our sphere permits us)

But regardless, if life is a sphere and not a time line. What is outside of this sphere? The afterlife? Which is what? Heaven? Nothing? Another Life? Blackness? What?

No one knows for sure but if their is another place outside of the sphere for us, shouldn't we still have our own path? Shouldn't we be able to travel infinitely in any direction? What does this mean? I think the outside of the sphere is much bigger then the sphere, sort of like the earth is to the universe.

Maybe that is a sign that there is so much after life we have no idea. I'm not talking about religion necessarily, but just that we are in for a journey at the end of our lives. This 80 year-life we have could be a tiny speck in what we may experience afterwards. What if when we die we are just beginning our crazy journey of this universe?

I have more insane theories about this but I'll stop here.

Just some ridiculous shit to think about.

2. I see what your saying, pretty cool.

Am I the only one that thought the "big green ball of knowledge" was going to be a dense ass dank nug?

3. When i read "big green ball of knowledge", futurama popped into my head haha. And i totally get everything you said.

Time, and life. They are just theories of ours. They might exist, they might not. We just thought about them, and slapped names on them. I cant imagine us living our lives for 100 years or less, then just being non existent for all of eternity. But i guess i'll have to wait until "my timeline" ends until i find out. I hope thats soon, haha. I've died before, dont remember what happened after sadly. But I remember feeling free as i was dying. So i like to think of dying as escaping all the negatives of life, all the emotions. And just being free (or existing outside of that sphere)

4. Hell no. Cool story, but I was stoked to see some half-pound nug...:D

5. Lol thats what i thought too.

This is a really interesting idea. But to me it seems like it would be much easier to explain if you called it a plane instead of a sphere. Could just be me though:D

6. hmm interesting thought. I never thought of it as a plane. I like the idea however of traveling in 3 dimensions where a plane would only allow you to travel in 2.

Unless this sphere in fact is on a plane itself. That would somewhat correlate with the String Theory, which is ridiculously hard to understand by the way. That theory predicts 11 dimensions which actually many renowned scientists and physicists are accepting these days.

Oh and that's funny what you said of Futurama because the first time I saw that episode it made me think about this old story.

I had some other really cool ideas of this theory I'll try to share. But first I gotta smoke a big green ball of knowledge. :D