Big Bang feminized CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by YUGSOTH, Sep 24, 2009.

1. #1 YUGSOTH, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    OK lets try this again!! This is my second grow journal. My first one was cursed with males so I thought I would try feminized seeds. I have one Big Bang from Greenhouse Seed Co. growing. It is 5 days old. Maybe if I'm lucky this one will be a female?? All feedback is welcome! So here's the setup:

Cab: 17.5 X 25.5 X 35
    Lights: 4 - 42watt @2700k
    2 - 26watt @2700k and 6400k for a total of 220watts
    Medium: Fox Farm Happy Frog
    Nutrients: Earth Juice (grow, bloom, microblast)
    molasses
    Superthrive

Attached Files:

2. Good luck man! Growing is such a blast.

3. Thank you. I love starting a new grow!!!!

4. HELL YEA:hello: you got it this time! GOOD LUCK!!!

5. Thanks man! Here's an update, she's 7 days old. Probably going to update once a week.

Oh and I just built a new PC check it out!:smoking:

Attached Files:

6. I decided to transplant today at day 12 and boy was I surprised! The roots on this plant are magnificent. It had already filled the bottom of my cup and there were huge spikes all around the sides and I mean HUGE! I have transplanted several plants far older then this one and their roots were no where near as developed as this plant. No wonder it hasn't grown very much above ground. I should have got a picture of them but I had already put it in the pot. Here is a pic after I put her in her new home.

Attached Files:

7. What light pattern are you using? Happy tokin'

8. #8 YUGSOTH, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Up until today I was using 1 26watt 2700K and one 26 watt 6500K, but now I'm using 3 26watt 2700k and 1 26watt 6500k. Lights on 18/6.

Attached Files:

9. I'm growing big bang too! Did you order them from attitude and get the free la woman seed? I'm starting almost the same time, seeds just germinated today! Good luck with your grow and I will be following this one!

10. Thanks for stopping by. No I got my seeds from Gypsy Nirvana Seed Boutique, and I got 5 free Mazar-I-Shrif. They actually got here in 3 days!!

11. UPDATE: day 14. Growth has slowed after transplanting, but I expect it to explode any day now.

Attached Files:

12. OOPS! I guess I got some Earth Juice on my leaves. I gave her a dose of nutrients yesterday at 1/4 strength and I think I got some on the leaves and it burned the shit out of them. Oh well. I wont do that again!

Here are some pics and an update for day 16.

Attached Files:

13. Its looking nice and full dude. I just got some foxfarm ocean forest for my next grow.

14. I hear good things about Ocean Forest I might try it when I run out of the Happy Frog.

15. Started 12/12 last night. The leaves are really looking burnt today. It seems to be just on the lower leaves. If it spreads to the upper leaves or the new growth then I'll know its not because I got nutrient solution on the leaves and I have other problems. I thought it may be a calcium deficiency so I buried some crushed egg shells around the plant just in case. As soon as I noticed the spots I sprayed the leaves real good to wash them off.

Attached Files:

16. #17 YUGSOTH, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
    Just Bought a better PH test kit and found out some things: my tap water that I was using this whole time was 8 or higher my tester only went to 8 so thats bad. I mixed some Earth Juice the same way I did the other day and it was 6-6.1, now I usually let it sit over night with an air stone in it and let it "brew" like the directions say and that's supposed to stabilize the PH but I dont know. I ran some tap water through the soil and tested the runoff and it was 6.4-6.5 hard to tell because the runoff was kind of brown. So I bought some distilled water and its supposed to be 7 but my tester said it was around 6.8 which is fine so I did a flush with that and tested the runoff and it was 6.0-6.1. Now I'll let it dry out and hope for the best.

17. I expected to wake up to a disaster, but it looks fine! Growth hasn't slowed and its bright green and the spots haven't spread so I think it's going to pull through. I just hope I didn't stress it too much.

Here's a pic of day 18:

Attached Files:

18. I noticed a few more spots on some of the new growth. It only seems to be affecting the fan leaves though.

Day 19:

Attached Files:

19. well I think it's just a matter of time before this plant dies or becomes a hermi, so I'm going to end this plant and this journal. I will never use Earth Juice again. I'm not saying that Earth Juice is a bad product. I have had a successful grow with it but the stuff goes bad too fast. I bought it back in January and who know how long it sat on their shelf before I bought it because there is no expiration date on the bottle.

I will start over with another Big Bang feminized seed and I'm going to try FloraNova Bloom this time. The Earth Juice is going in the trash. Until they put an expiration date on the bottle I would advise against using it.

Attached Files: