Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bi-Polar and smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SkiingStoned, May 24, 2010.

1. Hello, Well my girlfriend finally decided to give smoking a try here in a few weeks,:hello: But she is Bi-Polar, And usually she is on pills to control it but she cant take them anymore for health reasons, and so now she is trying this therapy thing to control it?

Im just wondering if anyone has any expierence in if being high might affect her being Bi polar? I dont want her to like freak out on me badly or something,

2. Ah, my manager gets bi-polar when he smokes. Him and I used to smoke out on breaks every day and he was chill as fuck. But one day, he had a bad high and became an asshole while he was high every time after. He quit quickly because being angry while you're high is somewhat of an "oxy-moron". Someone shouldn't do something if it makes them act bi-polar. Point is man, she shouldn't smoke if it makes her be a bitch.

However, my girl and I blaze ALL the time :smoke:

3. i have a family member that is bi polar and he smokes, im not sure how much but hes been smoking for a few years now and hes great. and i have never seen him anything but happy when high, because
    weed makes u happy:)
    not angry:mad:
    but if ur sad it makes u more sad:(
    but usually happy:wave:

4. I'm somewhat sure I have a minor case of manic depression (bipolar), and I find that when I smoke weed regularly I end up baseline for a few weeks after, with no mania or depression, so I would highly reccomend it to your girlfriend to see if she has similar results. Just my $.02

5. Indica helps with the manic episodes and sativa helps with the depressive episodes.