Bho wax purge Question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by CloudOfLoud, Mar 28, 2014.

1. So i recently tried a oven purge method. My buddy said the differnt temp.'s you use is a big factor in what it makes (ie. shatter or crumble). Im not too sure about the validity behind this but is it true? When i did it i only put it at 130 for 10min. It bubbled a bit, however i beleive it made it more brown looking. When if i just have it on very hot water when i blast its more a nice blond color. So basically my question is, does oven purging work? What temperature? And was what my buddy said true, and if so what are the differnt temps?

"Excuse me while i light my spliff, good God i gotta take a lift!" -Mr.Marley

2. Hot plate at 100-110 for 3 days. That's what you need to do to purge without a vacuum purger. And just know that what you are smoking is filled with butane and that is not good for you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ok thanks. But wow 3 days straight? Does that destroy any of the thc?

4. As long as you keep the temp low you are good. An without a vacuum pump you have to for days

5. Ok cool i appreciate it

6. Ok so i use a hot plate that cant hold the temp at 110. If i put it around 170-180 for less of a time will that work well?

7. Will it work yes but you will get horrible product. You can't just up the heat to replace time. The beat destroys the product if you are trying to smoke it

8. Dr. Fumbles is correct.  With no vac at least 72 hrs on low heat.  When he says 100 deg he means the temp of the oil not the hot plate.  Oil temp is the only temp that matters.  Like 95-110 you should get shatter.  120+ for wax, 170+ for honey oil.  Higher temp will always burn of terp decreasing flavor.  Check out the Harvesting and Processing section there are some good bho threads full of info.

9. Awesome thanks helps a bunch!