Bho: Help me please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by voo577, Jan 31, 2012.

1. #1 voo577, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    Hello members of grasscity I'm a long time looker but fairly a new member.
    So today was my 3rd BHO run and i cant get any wax. Ive done plenty of researches but it seems like no one has had my exact problem yet. I have a 10" extractor tube thats made from stainless steel (i got parts from home depot) and i can fit about between 15-20 g'z into it, every time i shoot tane through it it comes out a really yummy yellowish kinda color but after it evaporates thats just it no movement no bubbles to pop just oil stuck to my pyrex im switching out hot water just under boiling but still nothing...i bring it in my house(of course once the butane has evaporated) on my electric stove set to simmer and still nothing, after awhile it seems like the oil is just burning off with still no bubbles to pop and bring to a wax. Its super frustrating but im not a quitter is there anyone that can give me insight or has had my same experiences and recuperated?Oh and by the way im using some okay trim it has popcorn nugs and is pretty decent i mean not the best but still a indoor kush grow that i got from a buddy of mine i have at least a lb of that and also the buds that came from that which i haven't used yet just so i can make sure there bone dry. With the same trim I've made bubble hash and i got a nice yield and it tasted superb with a strong high Ive seen people use roaches/streebo etc. so it cant be the bud. Here are some pics of my items i use.

Attached Files:

2. The low yield is most likely due to spraying trim.

Besides that, purging with water that is, " a little bit below boiling", is most likely what is cooking away your oil. Try to bring the temp down to maybe around 120F. You will have to purge for a bit longer but low and slow is the way to go. :smoke:

3. thanks chief for the advice i kind of thought the only possible error could be the trim....what about the bud having to be bone dry?is that true