BG's Perpetual Bio-Dome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BuildGreen, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Recently my buddy referred to The Shed as The Bio-Dome and the name stuck.

This will be my new perpetual grow journal. I use the bio dome to flower and my buddy will be doing the veg in his closet for 4-8 weeks depending on strain and space available in flower room. In 6 weeks or so I will be adding a second 400w hps light to the flower room. Veg lighting will consist of 4x 23w cfls a piece for hopefully min 100watt-ish per plant for veg. Should provide the dense vegetative growth I want. If nit we will get him set up with a 150w MH

any who the dome currently has 2 very happy Barney's Farm LSD plants in it, one indica and one sativa growth-type phenos and 1 BCN Diesel that is kicking ass. All 3 plants are at week 5 of 12/12. Should finish in 4-7 weeks.
    See my sig for that journal.

Currently we have 4 non feminized NYPD seeds germinating that will hopefully end up as 2 HUGE ladies ready to replace two of my current plants in about 6 weeks.

As that grow finishes we will replace the two NYPD with AK48. If I like the power/yield/apparent finishing speed of AK48 I will probably then go to a mother/clone system next spring and probably keep a mother outdoors or in my buddy's basement.

2. #2 420 Man, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Nice man, id go pick up a nice camera [if you dont have one already] and take pictures.

i think itd help in the long run,

the knowledge database [threads and people] here is enormous

and with pictures [nice ones would be loved much]

youll get tons of help here :hello:

[ill be buying a better camera just for grasscity] :b

Otherwise, this grow looks like it was planned out,

id like to see your lsd coming along, you wont be dissapointed from what ive read c:

:cool: :smoking:

3. Beginning week 6 of my LSD and BCN diesel grow. Holy molybdenum the BCN diesel smells like fruity candy. The LSD smells like coffee and weed. I grin every time I go in

4. :wave: Barney's are some of the best femmed strains that have ever tried :D Thier LSD is one of my favorite strains ever :smoke:

Where are the pictures :confused:

5. Pictures be here this afternoon. I need some judgement calls on my LSD sativa. The indica LSD and the bcn diesel are budding beasts. The LSD however is a little hairy but hardly budding. It'd healthy too. I know it's a 12 weaker but I'm in week 6ish with it and it's bud are pathetic. Perhaps a hermie? Pics to tell in am couple hours

6. Had an old thread that was of a grow that started my descent into perpetual growing. The first few posts will be updates from long ago. get everyone caught up

Kicking off my 2nd grow
    :hello:
    Ok guys here's the quick back story. Got the grow shed ready and I have successful LSD sprouts (2) and (1) successful BCN diesel sprout. Still waiting on a third LSD, a Mataro blue (doubt it will grow as it was cracked) and a big fat Warlock seed by Magus Genetics to pop.

The Shed:
    [​IMG]

A super stealth 10x8 garden shed that i have converted half into a grow room. I use a single grow room and will just be growing enough pot to last until my next batch is ready. Some day i will get another AC unit and go with two grow rooms. Anywho, box is about 5ft by 8ft and is exactly 6ft tall. It is a 2x4 stud walled structure paneled with 7/16 plywood and insulated with R-3 and R-6 foam board. The AC unit is in the wall and has a vent to the back of the shed. The vent comes out between the shed and the fence (for hot air exhaust). This will be my only weakness as i will have to rig up a good filter in that exit before too long.

Equipment:
    -400w hps/mh
    -2 42w cfl per plant once hard vegging
    -humidifier
    -fan pulling heat off the bulb/reflector, oscilating fan
    -5 gallon smart pots
    [​IMG]

Soil:
    -Fox Farms Ocean Forest on 3
    -Just Right soil on 2. Testing this new stuff out. Feels AMAZING

Nutes/Additives:
    -Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom
    -Humboldt County's Own Purple Maxx, Gravity and SnowFlake or whatever its called is in the mail.

The Plants:

BCN Diesel is sprouted and above dirt, this is my goal:
    [​IMG]

2 LSDs above dirt and one still under,hopefully going to pop soon, hopefully looks like this when im done....
    [​IMG]

a big fat Warlock seed is hopefully going to pop through the surface soon.
    [​IMG]

There's also that Mataro Blue seed in the dirt now but it was cracked, feeling doubtful.
    [​IMG]

All seeds got 24-36 hours in the paper towel method for germination and by 36 hours they all got put in the dirt regardless of having a tap root or not. Soil should help anyway, as sopposedly the FFOF has humic acid in it that promotes germination. Who knows, we shall see?

Ok guys any input on cleaning out my vent air? It pretty much consists of a box shaped vent that collects at the hot air exhaust on the AC box and then runs to the back wall of the shed to a vent hole. its all taped up and sealed. what filter should i put in the vent?

It doesnt have to be too hard core though because about the time these guys will be stinking it will actually be getting pretty cold and few people will be hanging out in their backyard next door.

i looooooove growing
    Stays 78ish despite it hitting 108 the other day. Nubers check with digital meter. Typically between 45 and 65% humidity
    [​IMG]

7. Day 12 of flowering. the 5 bigger plants got 3-4 weeks veg depending on when they popped.

News: second 400w hps system gets here in a week. want to turn this grow room into a regular 6oz minimum producer. i think 4 to 6 beasts could do that under 800w of hps and 240w of cfl. Sorry for the unfinished grow room walls but i just rarely get the time with wife, daughter, school, work and friends. oh and it STINKS in there. i was watering yesterday morning and brushed my shorts against the plants a couple times and two kids in class (known potheads) were like DUDE what the HELL have you been smoking? hahahaha

Ok guys, pics. It is 3 LSD plants (two of a more sativa stringy growth pheno, one more of a bush), one BCN Diesel (the other hearty bush), a midget Warlock bush that is having ph issues, and two plants started into flower from sprout (another LSD plant and a Chronic). The big pots are 5gal the small are 1gal

Second 400w hps arrives next week. was going to go with a mh/hps combo but realized veg takes so little light that i only will need 800w for flowering 4 plants or more. after this grow im going for growing 4 monsters of the same strain under two 400w HID instead of a mix of 7 medium to small plants. Easier to maintain fewer plants, and fewer plants under more lights should hopefully give me some massive yields and that is after all what im in this for. going for enough each grow to give me a 1/4oz per week or more until the next batch is ready.

ok two plants have ph issues, i think youll be able to tell. getting better but gonna take a while to fix bc i dont have the time or space to do runoff tests. gonna work on gettin some small buckets for these smart pots next time around.

Nutes for Flowering:
    Tiger Bloom
    Big Bloom
    Cha Ching
    Gravity
    Purple Maxx (a free sample, going with snow storm next time)

canopy shots
    [​IMG]

can see the ph issued plants.....but hey look around.....bud sites bud sites bud sites
    [​IMG]

LSD on top Warlock on bottom, flower from seed for shits and gigs, and more bud.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

day 11 of flowering and its hair city
    [​IMG]

pretty
    [​IMG]

hairs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bcn diesel top shot. 11 days in and it looks like this already??? i bet its ready in 8 weeks total. we shall see
    [​IMG]

bud sites comin off the side of two of the LSDs
    [​IMG]

bcn diesel at top center. lsd bush on left. other two LSDs on right. they are lanky and stringy despite getting great light...guess its just in the genetics
    [​IMG]

well thats all folks

8. day 24 of flowering

Bear with me, doingnthis on my ipad

It got down into the 30's and I still had to run the AC so I'm excited to continue to grow through winter. Heater and humidifier might have to be used in the future though. Doubt it.

The indica dominant strains are dominating. Some tips of then hairs are turning amber. They all responded well to their first feedings of gravity and purple max. Following feed schedule found online NOT BY THE BOTTLE. beware of the consequences.

The two LSD sativas are still behind but they are just slower plants. I fully plan on 12 weeks for them but I could see the indicas going only 9

Photo time!!!!

Group
    [​IMG]

Typical temps
    [​IMG]

LSD indica main cola
    [​IMG]

What up!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Twins Basil! (Austin powers fans)
    [​IMG]

Random side bud on BCN Diesel
    [​IMG]

Top of indica LSD
    [​IMG]

Looking down on BCN Diesel
    [​IMG]

One of four main buds on the saliva LSD that healthy. The other is still recovering, getting better.
    It's flowering just like my last plants, super slow
    [​IMG]

Group
    [​IMG]

BCN main
    [​IMG]

Some BCN amber
    I'm paranoid and I'm worried that this early of a tiny amount of amber on my pistils could indicate a hermie? No plant ever grew pollen sacks. the BcN diesel claims down to 60 day maturation so maybe this is just typical late in week 4?
    [​IMG]

Ok guys some questions

If I found 2 seeds in some KB buds will they grow female? They are fertile seeds not the sterile light colors. Striped and spotted.

Do any if these plants look like they are hermie-ing? Sorry paranoid. I finally loaded them up on nuts maybe its just a little burn?

More coming, photo gallery is being a dick

9. #9 BuildGreen, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    6 NYPD seedlings have popped so far. maybe more, havent checked yet today. they arent feminized so i have 8 going. gonna toss out any clear runt, and go from there hoping to end up with two females. ordering some durban poison, ak48 and pineapple express in a couple weeks.

pics of that to come.

why is my LSD flowering so slow? Is this normal? I would say it is 4 weeks into flower as it took longer to show etc etc. the others two that are in the pics below are coming up on 5 full weeks, and i would say the BNC diesel will probably be at its fullest in 3 weeks or so because the buds have stopped lengthening but have started getting thicker (gravity YUM). i want say a 75% head high so bear with me and help me choose the proper chop.

is there anything wrong with harvesting the top half of the plant for a complete cerebral high and letting the bottom half go another week or two? or is that going to potentially stress the plant out? seems a little rough and im not really entertaining this idea yet.

oh the random light scrappy shit on the plants is saw dust from working out my humidity problems. chillin at 45% now but fluctuates at night with outdoor ambient. during the day the heat generated in the shed (but not in the biodome) helps dry out the air that i recycle between them.

on to the pictures

super slow budding LSD
    [​IMG]
    i shit you not the main steam at ground level is well thicker than a garden hose now and starting to get covered in a bark like skin haha. stinky tree. but slow budding. covered in trichs even on the fan leave stems in some places soif it continue to not bud well ill just let the trichs mature and salvage as much QWISO from it as possible???? good idea?

is this just normal at 5 weeks? the other outdoor LSD has HUGE calyxes...but only like one or two at a time.
    these are the "buds"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i know LSD is supposed to be a long haul strain but mine looks nothing like some others ive seen on here at even 4 weeks

[​IMG]
    tasty purple im currently on. got some mendocino haze that is TASTY too. pic of it later
    [​IMG]

twin towers
    [​IMG]

BCN Diesel. 5 1/2 weeks from 12/12 switch. it is moving so fast i would consider it at almost 6 full weeks. some count from showing sex....but this thing did that in a week or so. beast. stinks good. ranges from smelling like fruit and citrus on the top to strong fuel/cleaning agent stink at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

LSD is doing well! so hairy. smells of coffee maybe?
    [​IMG]

BCN Diesel Top bud shot. It just felt right but its not directed at yall. Oh shit by the way, what is a Blade? Noob question but never heard it in any forum
    [​IMG]

typical temps. these are from yesterday morning. humidity has been real high (75% or so) in the hours right around daylight because of routine heavy fog. it sucks but 75% is VERY manageable and when the fans kick on at 7, along with the lights and the vent system it quickly gets to 40-50%. im happy as hell with it during the day. that window unit AC works wonders.
    [​IMG]

diesel side bud. about 8 of these 'arms' on the plant. i honestly think when these fill out they will be harvested and cured @ about an 1/8th per arm (or 3.5g have you). we shall see. scale pictures wont lie.
    [​IMG]
    i hope for an ounce and a half from this plant but who knows.

sawdust on another top BCN diesel sidebud
    [​IMG]
    im rough on the ladies....its for their own good. weathered and strong.

LSD indica top bud shot. i hit it hard with nutes two weeks ago and the tips burnt a little and upper fan leaves curled bad but two weeks later it lookes healthy as hell but the curl never went away. weird.
    if it looks like this now then its gonna be juicy as hell at 12 weeks. but does the indica style growth pattern mean it will also finish faster than a sativa plant or does it just grow like indica and still take 12 weeks??
    [​IMG]

another diesel side bud. these guys, farther away from the main light (but supplemented) seem to be stretching still, but thats ok with me. so this morning i got up at like 5:30 and started staking down side arms of the BCN. it has so much more light penetration now. no longer a solid christmas tree cone
    [​IMG]

and two of my 3 pups. its been raining and they destroyed the back yard yesterday. damnit. going to have to seed a helluva lot of space this spring.
    [​IMG]

10. :wave::eek: You gone from no pictures to lots :D

I don't know whats wrong with your LSD? Is it rom Barney's farm? Most have more of the sativa pheno in her I guess. :smoke:

11. Yeah it's barneys farm. I've heard tons of people metioning it being slow as balls so i've stuck both of them outside because I want to focus my very limited time on my two that are close to finish.

On top of that the plant is HUGE. Just shy of 3 feet wide and about 2 feet tall. I've thoroughly misjudged my plants size and schedules but it has worked out because the two indica get the 400 and the sativas are chillin outside until the other two are ready.

From now on it's two beast plants at a time. I need 6 oz per harvest. Do y'all think I could get 3oz per plant with two Barneys Farm Red Diesel plants under two 400w hps?

12. Veg time and grow method are what matters most when it comes to yield I think. Most of my LSD's got over 3oz but I do like to veg for a while and I tie them all through the grow.

I've not grown Red diesel but I'd say 3oz for 2x plants under a 400w is easy with enough veg time. My LSD's didn't take long at all :confused: I thought it was amazing, I also like the red diesel one day I'll add some beans to my list :smoke:

13. Lookin for two 400w instead of 1. I COULD tie extra and work for it but honestly with having a family, school and work I just want to plant it, water it, top is 3 times then just let it get the business under two lights instead of working hard under one

14. ill get pics when i can today but everything is going along fine except.........

i have new vegetative and bud growth coming out of the top of the main colo and main side arm buds on both plants. this was within a week of the plants first strong gravity feeding. i know none of the plants are reverting as i have the dark period matched to the actual ambient dark period which is well into 12/12 anywho......

who knows? pics to come. some of the new growth consists of some very oddly shaped leaves

15. Great job! Plants look stellar :hello: Im finishing up my grow this week, check out the link below. Have a great day!

Stepdude420

16. subscribed , looking forward to update.

17. Bad news. Figured out what was causing the new growth....a bad timer. Timer was running fine for the first 4 weeks of the grow bc now at week 6 there is new growth so I ran through a checklist and an interrupted dark period caused it.

The timer mustve crapped out in the last two weeks bc I tested them out this morning and the time running the cfl rig and my fans was just on all the time no matter what.

Looks like the plants just reverted. Gonna revert back tonight and see what happens. Will watch for bananas. Haven't seen any yet. I would put pics up but it just looks like nasty skeleton arms coming out of my soon-to-be pretty buds

18. 3 lsd and 3 vio kush. 10 weeks, only 2 lsd ready. The vio's still have at least 1 or 2 weeks to go. Had some problems during the grow (flowering). Perhaps this affected the time for flowering. My first grow (indoor) I harvested at 8 weeks, Too early. I pay attention to the pistils and trichs. Did an early taste of my lsd plant(s). I learned to never mess with this stuff in the morning when I have a busy day. One hit will knock your dick in the dirt and can't get anything done! A great evening toke, also a great way to enjoy the Hobbitt on the big screen.