Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Ways To Toke In A Dorm Room

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by User420420, Jun 8, 2014.

1. I'm headed to college in the fall and my biggest concern is being able to blow down in my room.  since i just graduated and got a ton of money for it i am willing to spend a lot. In my research i've heard the Pax by Ploom is one of the best methods, is this true? Should i combo the Pax with a sploof or just pick some Ozium up and spray the room down when i'm done? Any help or advice is welcomed, thanks.

2. Keep a pet goat or two in the room to hide the weed smell.

3. Smoke late in the night. Smoke in the shower and blow it in the vent. Lean out the window. Get a tabletop vape.
    Be chill with your roommates because they'll know regardless. You just don't want the smoke leaving the room.
    Always risky smoking in the day, and always risky smoking. You'll smell regardless of what you do.

4. That's good, a pax, and some ozium in case it gets out of control but if you have a window open (if you have a window) then you won't really need it. I just finished my sophomore year and my ra (resident assistant/resident advisor) only came around on Mondays.

But I also realized it's easier to go outside and toke. Joint/one hitter/bowls all work. People don't care as much as you think they do. Besides campus police, but if you get on their good side, they'll let you slide.

5. smoke outside dude. ive never been on campus, but even from an outsider's perspective... thats a really dumb idea.

u cant be that desperate to get high

6. As far as I know if you dorm up with stones the whole place is gonna smell. Just find some one near you that takes and chill over there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Don't be an idiot and smoke in the dorms. Just go outside or go for a cruise. If you smoke in your dorm you will get caught and more than likely kicked the fuck out of college. Every semester there's numerous freshman who think they can smoke in their dorm and end up getting caught by the RA's. I cant count how many people I know who smoked in their dorms and got caught. Quite a few of them got away with it for a long time to but they all eventually got caught.

Just saying man, is smoking in your dorm room really worth pissing away all that money you spent to go to school and potentially ruining an opportunity to get a college education? When I lived in the dorms id usually go to a friends place who lived off campus, go for cruises, walk around off campus with my dugout and hit one hitters, or roll a spliff with a joint roller so it looked like a cig.

8. don't? I swear at least once a day there is someone who posts about how they got caught smoking in their dorm

9. #9 Venatrix, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
    You've really gotta get a feel for your campus/dorm. Clearly, based on these responses, pot is practically public enemy #1 on some college campuses, but it's really no biggie on my campus or in my dorm. Sure, we're technically supposed to go outside to smoke, but literally 90% of the people in my dorm toke up in their rooms. I've been caught twice, once by smell in someone else's room in a different dorm, and once because we set off my fire alarm... Nothing really happened. I had to give a brief spiel about not smoking indoors at our next floor meeting after the second time, that's it. I've never heard of someone on my campus being punished more than that for smoking weed. We also have quite a lax alcohol policy.

So, if your campus is strict or your RA is a bloodhound nazi, use your judgment and smoke outside. If, like in my dorm, the halls pretty much always smell like smoke anyway, just towel your door and get a big box fan for the window. Easy peasy.

Also, either way I recommend investing in a vape.

10. Not worth the risk.

11. #11 hermione420, Jun 9, 2014
    Only smoke in a dorm when you are 100% dedicated to keeping the smell and smoke down as much as possible, which means only taking snaps (no full bowls, blunts, joints, ect),  which eliminates open smoke altogether since all of the smoke is going into your lungs when hitting snaps, using a proper carbon activated filter to blow the smoke into, and have good air circulation, ect.

12. I used to sit in the bathroom at uni and blow it into the shower vent, they never clicked on. I started to blaze in my room the last few months of uni, unfortunately for them they hated me after, not to mention rumbling their walls every night with music. ah I miss first year

13. Haha. I was hoping someone would ask this. I actually did research on this last year for my first year of college. What I did is that I put a plastic bag over the smoke detector and used a hanger to hold the plastic bag there. Next, put a towel under the door. Next, open up the window and hope the wind isn't blow in. If it isn't, happy toking. If your room mate doesn't know, or isn't the smoking type, allow 1-3 hours for the smell to go away and use A LOT of air refreshers. I used my roommates a lot. I only smoked bowls in my room though. I wouldn't suggest joints. Bongs MIGHT be a possibility but hiding them is a different story. I always stored my weed and pipe in the back of my closet. There was a door to trap the smell in there but whenever I opened it, it wreaked of weed. Anyways, check up on your campus rules. At the university I went to, the only time they did a full room check was after people left for a week or longer break (IE fall, winter, spring, summer). But I'm assuming you wouldn't be dumb enough to leave it there.

14. #14 FreedomFighter420, Jun 9, 2014
    don't get caught, they will kick yass off campus.. just saying  :bongin:

15. feds broke into my cousin's dorm and had her at gun point. don't do it, smoke in your car off campus or somewhere discreet

16. Vape.

Omega369

17. #17 ren.dnb, Jun 9, 2014
    Use an MFLB... not a Pax. MFLB is extremely discrete in native mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. It all depends on your situation. I waited 2 weeks to see how things worked around me before toking in the dorm. My RA was a chill ass stoner so that was never a problem but RA's did a building sweep every night at 8pm and 10 pm so those were no-go times.
    My floor smelled like weed 90% of the time because almost all of us blazed anyway. I just put a towel down, packed up my bong, and blew that shit out the window. Still risky, but I made it all year toking daily in my dorm. Not hard if you're smart about it.

19. Been caught in the dorms. I can tell you if you go to a university that is big and you got some pieces on you (not just a bowl or joints but something less smelly), you will want to smoke in your room regardless of risk.

When I was caught, I used my Solo vaporizer and a sploof and aired it out and did the Febreze thing. The smell would blast out of the room as soon as I opened the door or someone left. This was because the room wasn't in the direction of the wind so it took longer to air out. I got caught specifically because I hotboxed a blunt for a bit and went straight to my room so I reeked but my room always smelled of weed because of the latter reason.

I am much wiser with how I do it now. Honestly like everyone said, I just leave and take the 10 min walk to a location safer because I get paranoid and if the location is going to kill my high somewhat, I am willing to take the journey. But if you want to smoke in the dorms, I completely understand and here is what you need.

What you NEED before smoking in the room is knowledge of the environment. Know your RA, know your hallmates, know your cleaner, know when RAs go on duty, etc. You need to have this basic information because there are no second chances (our school is more lenient but hey, not all schools are!) and its your future. KNOW EVERYONE IN THE ROOM, ALWAYS!! Never smoke with someone you don't know unless they are smoking too and its your shit or they have been vouched for by someone you trust!

The 3 main things you want when smoking in the room is privacy, a strategy, and ventilation. You want the door locked, you want no one visiting, you want enough to be happening outside that you can chill with a group or nothing happening if you happen to be alone; that is the privacy. You want to have a plan for the bathroom if someone needs to go, a plan for knocking on the door for when people want back in, a plan for when someone you don't want to stops by in order to place things and spray, a plan for dumping if you are in a position where you need to toss it all (hopefully never), and it must all be automatic; that is the strategy. Finally you want the windows open nice, air flowing out, all the smoke pushed towards an exit; that is the ventilation.

ALL THIS IS NOT ENOUGH! It will still smell. But removing smell is just a few purchases, not a procedure, so I saved this for last. With smell, (even when vaping) the main problem is taking out the herbs initially as they stink the room up (unless you are burning paper like a joint or blunt, never do that IN the dorms though). To remove this smell the only shit I have found to work is Ozium. One spritz in the center of a small room will eliminate 85% of the smell. Febreze just makes it smell like weed and Febreze and brings attention to your hall. Ozium nukes the smell. With the smoke you are exhaling, good sploofs are fine but a Smoke Buddy is actually amazing. It sucks every bit of smoke in and nothing comes out the end ever. Lastly, if you are not a talker when it comes to authorities, use some cheap CVS brand eye drops unless you got a prescription and you will never have a reason to speak to anyone who comes by.

Just store it well, spray that Ozium once in the center of the room, have the eye drops in your eyes before you smoked, and slowly walk to the door while the Ozium takes effect and ask what whoever wants. If they are authorities, ask them if you are required by law to do w/e they imply you need to do and they are forced to tell you. If it is an RA, they will probably lie so you can get your own RA to come and defend you without opening the door by asking for their appearance or texting a friend.

For storage, I suggest using the like plastic zipbags that bed sheets etc. come in. I store my stuff in jars and my pieces wrapped in old T shirts in the bags and zip them up and put them away.

Remember it is your future so whatever it may seem like and however awkward and obvious you are making it that you are high and in possession by not complying to all commands being thrown at you, this is not an organic situation you can just "feel out" so keep it awkward and know your rights and hold your ground if you need to.

20. #20 Docthal, Jun 9, 2014
    I'm pretty sure the only people who get caught smoking indoors are those who try to light up blunts/jays or are just careless in general. If you smoke like your just chilling at home/your aparmtent then you will get caught.  Me and my roommate would smoke in our dorm every day for the 2 years I was there and nobody said a damned thing.  
    Just pop a window, take one hitters, dont let your bud cherry, try to ghost the hit, and blow into any kind of fabric that will absorb some of the smoke.  If you  have a window fan that can move air outside then even better.  And keep some air freshener/cologne close by incase you need to mask the smell real quick.  
    Follow those steps and you wont even need any special spoofs or whatever, nobody in our dorm used anything like that.

Then again if you school is uptight then you may  need to be more carefull this is just my personal experience.