Best way to transplant a huge plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rebelhunter, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Alright I have been watering my plant atleast twice a day because it's always getting droopy. , it's getting exhausting. I posted a couple weeks ago about it. I'm gonna have to transplant it. It's already in a 15 gallon pot. I wanna get a trash can and cut half the top off. I wanna know what's the best way to get it out of the pot I have it in now with out damaging the plant?

2. Watering twice a day? You must be over watering because I water my plants once every 3 days. If it is in a 15 gallon pot you wont need to transplant unless it is over 3-4 feet tall. Can you post a picture?

3. #3 noobdoob, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sounds like youre over watering it man..droopy and green equals too much water.

4. #4 rebelhunter, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    My plants 6 feet wide by 6ft tall. When I water it the plant perks right back up and I'm only watering it a gallon and a half at a time. I hope it's not overwatering

5. 6 ft x 6 ft?!!?!??!? in a 15 gallon container?!?!?! NO WONDER......

Your rootball probably takes up the area the soil. It sucks up the water so fast you need to keep watering. So...you could probably use a like 25-30 gallon container this late in the season.

6. I only water the 1.5- 2 gallons at a time

7. Yes it's hugeee. It's in foxfarm ocean forest soil. I feed it ff grow big and ff big bloom. How could I transplant it? I don't waana risk anything, because its my baby haha

8. #8 rebelhunter, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The plants about 4 times the size of the pot

9. This is what I did. I cut the bottom half of the pit off and put it half way in the ground, that way I can control the water so it just goes to the roots, what I did notice was the bottom half of the soul was dry ad can be, I guess o wasn't giving it enough water, I'm gonna start watering atleast 4 gallons every water

10. may sound crazy but out doors in texas we water are hogs twice in a day 15 to twenty gallons each water they are 6 ft by 5 ft wide in 22 gln trash cans.and we are getting over 40 days of 100 pluss heat my hogs gett full all day sun . sweet tooth and bubble gum and blue berrykush and few more piggys.

11. #11 msad420, Jul 18, 2011

i hate to do this to you on your first post and all but i call bullshit

pics or it didnt hapen

clearly your plants need to be transplanted if there real do lilke a 50 -60 gallon atleast if it were me id use like a 100 gal

my plants are 4 feet by 3-4 feet in a 30 gallon pot and i water evrey 2-3 days with 1 gal one time and 1.5 gal the other back and forth

not trying to high jack but if i put mulch on top say 4 inches would it help retain the water so i could go 4-7 days without water i would really like that

12. #12 hogadillo, Jul 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    test
    it work this is a 4 ft toll 3ft accross plant bro in a 18 gallon pot . it gets two waterings 15 gallons aday . will post a bigger on next

13. nice what strains you have there/

14. the sun flower in back is 5ft x 5 a bubble gum the one close is a 5 ft 5 blueberry both have hade a 12 inch pluss top removed and cloned out .
    [​IMG]

15. those pots are 18 gallon a few are 20 gallon and 22 gallon they are muck buckets from home depote with rope handles for easy one man move just drag over the ground or load on a wagon . all back yrd fun i i grow in a fast draining soil but treat themlike hydro out side works for me in central texas. i will remove all this in a hr bud .

like the call out i was baned 6 yrs ago on my first post at bcb forume . couse i had no pics lol .

16. lets see yours i show my bullshit crap .

17. water mediumly
    cut/break the pot
    the roots will be so thick that they'll hold the root ball together.

18. you look dum .:hello:
    but i forgive you brother we are all brothers and need to be no call outs on this forume . we are here to help i deal with the texas heat out doors growing for 33 yrs so do not fuck with the hogadillo .:wave:

back to thread best to break the clay pot .
    if in plastic cut it like a bananna , you need about 3 helpers to get her in the new pot do not drop the plat or it will shock the crap out of it .

19. my 4 footer in texas is getting about a gallon every 2 days or so right now, 100 degree weather..

20. I cut the bottom half of my pot off and put it 3 quarters the way in the ground. I hope this works out. Atleast the bottom roots can spread out