Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to store edibles?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BoNgToKe22, Jul 16, 2011.

1. I posted this in the edibles section and got no responses so, my uncle gave me a dank rice crispy treat, and i want to save it for about a week for a conert. So i was wondering, what is the best way to store an edible? (meaning how to make it not lose potency) Should i leave it in room temperature, in the fridge, or does it even matter? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow blades.

2. #3 BoNgToKe22, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Really? Wow, I would have never thought of that. Thank god you came along and helped...

3. It really isn't that difficult.:cool:

4. keep them in a tupperware and either in the freezer or fridge

5. I agree, tupperware keeps food fresh for quite a long time. Try it.

6. Just one treat?:( Wrap tightly and freeze. Layer of plastic, then foil. :)

7. In the mid 1800's came an invention known as the fridge. Use it. :)

8. Lol, thanks for the answers. I know the basics of food storage, what I was really asking is there anyway to store it and make sure it doesn't lose potency.

9. #10 mexicanstoner, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    From the way I see it is that the thc is already infused? To the edible so unless it likes evaporates somehow it shouldn't lose potency

10. Ziplock bag?

11. It all depends on temperature. chocolates melting starts between 75 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also store in darken area, where is no sunlight's directly effected. As per my personal idea, I am keep ice packet with chocolates for making cold them to longer time. Manage your temperature as possible as low temperature.