Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by felix357753, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I have been using a waterfall (gatorade bottle with whole at the bottom to empty water) to smoke out of 4 to 5 times a week over the past 6 months, and the last couple of months I have gotten a everyday phlegum producing cough that just hasnt gone away. I have read online that its likely from the waterfall because it hits so hard. So i have stopped untill the cough gets better and want to know, whats the best, safer smoking device that I should turn to. Would getting a bong be my best choice? Would it not cause my smokers cough to come back? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. I try to keep away from plastic and aluminium things. I recommend and nice glass bong or a stone pipe. I just prefer stone to metal pipes.

You're going to get phlegm in your throat regardless of what device you use as long as you are combusting your herb, it's not indicative to the smoking device but rather the act of smoking itself, although any piece would be a step up from a plastic bottle as these are typically not BPA free and the heat from the smoke could be enough to offgas some possible carcinogens from the plastic.  

If you want to avoid the phlegm entirely, I'd look into a desktop vape (any of the ones made by 7th floor are great vapes, I have the SSV and LSV and love them both) or if discrete is what you are about, I've read good things about the PAX and da vinci vapes, but I have not used these so I have no first hand experience with them.  At least do yourself a favor and buy a nice glass or stone piece (or at the very least metal) and throw that plastic shit in the garbage, you're better off with a $10 glass spoon pipe than that shit.

Don't fuck around with your health when it comes to your recreational drug habits, it's really not worth it in retrospect. 

4. Vaping, or a glass pipe, bubbler, bong, or papers....all better choices than water bottles lolSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. If you wanna get rid of the "cough" some type of Vaporizer or trippy pen (Vape Pen) would be the way to go. Cuz smoking ANYTHING weed or tobacco after awhile is gonna give you a cough and build up phlegm. But definitely get rid of the Gatorade bottle piece homemade pieces aren't really intended for long term use and probably isn't the best for you anyway since you could be easily breathing in other harmful shit.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I would like to highly recommend a vaporizer. I purchased my Arizer Q for $105. It is a great piece that conserves weed, and more importantly, saves your lungs, and doesn't cause phlegm! However, PLEASE read into vaporizers before buying one. Temperature settings do affect the high, and it does take time to heat up. I heat my weed ~13 minutes before using it. I set mine to 420 degrees (it actually is a very effective temperature, a nice blend between a body and head high)

7. The cough is the body trying to rid itself of the tar produced by combustion. Yes weed contains tar, just blow through a tissue and you'll see. The only guaranteed way to get rid of the cough is to stop smoking but Guessing that that isn't going to happen I would recommend saving your money and getting a vaporizer.