Best way to smoke out of a pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Classy Man, Apr 25, 2012.

1. I was wondering what is the most efficient way to smoke marijuana out of a pipe? I was specifically wondering about taking big vs small hits? If i just have the lighter over the bowl for like 1 second is it just a waste? Is it better to keep the lighter over the bowl? Maybe it burns differently depending on the time? Any input is welcome, thanks!

2. Just do whatever works for you! Try different methods and see what you like!!

As for me, i like to grind a nugget and put it in the pipe, then i just pass the ligther 1 or 2 secs and the weed will burn nicely!!

3. Well... Don't do snaps on a dry piece...

4. I swear, people way overthink the whole smoking part of bud...

5. light the weed and inhale

6. inhale the weed and light

7. Light the inhale and weed

8. As you can see, you just inhale the light and weed.

9. you're supposed to put the lighter underneath the bowl and get it good and hot until the rocks start to bubble and vaporize... not SORT of like a methpipe? but exactly like a methpipe.

10. Try smoking through you nose it gets u twice as high

11. Dont overthink it, some people corner the bowl to save weed and some people put it out immediately after their hit but i like to get it cherried when i smoke a huge bowl with my buds because it sucks when everyone has to light it. Chill and enjoy it.

12. Dont worry too hard about it. Just corner the bowl if you're with people or actually want to enjoy the taste of your bud haha.

13. Use hemp wick.

14. Big hits vs small hits is really just preference. Make sure you try too corner the bowl instead of just scorching the sh*t out of it

15. Position the pipe at an angle of elevation of about Pi/3, leading into your mouth of course
    And then inhale

16. so let me get this straight, im supposed to inhale? Jk lol i guess my question is, since THC burns at a certain temp, i thought if the lighter just goes over the weed for a split second it just wastes the THC because it didnt get hot enough to burn, if that makes sense. you guys think im overthinking it? ;p

17. Yeah just smoke the weed and get high. Don't listen to these high as balls trolls, listen to the high as fuck stoner right here :D

If you have a vape you can vaporize the THC and not the weed, but a pipe you have to burn the weed. So just please stop over-thinking it and smoke :bongin: :bongin:

18. THC has a boiling point of 392 degrees fahrenheit. Any heat more than that is burning off THC and wasting it. The temperature of a Bic lighter reaches 3590.6 degrees fahrenheit which is way more than you need, so that excess 3200 degrees of heat is burning off THC and letting it just flow in the air. Meanwhile the ember of a cigarette or bowl is 752 degrees, you would want to light the lighter as little as possible and maintain a constant ember for premium bowl smoking. which is why a joint or blunt gets you a better high than the same amount smoked through a bowl. Now, if you put 2 steel screens together and smoke out of a metal/glass piece with the screens over the weed and draw the flame through, it will dilute the heat, in return giving you more THC with your hit. Now if money is on your side, go out and purchase a vaporizer. You can preset the tempature and practically suck the THC vapor out of your pot. And it's a lot better for your lungs. Hope this clears some stuff up for ya

That figure is so wildly exaggerated its not funny. The rest of your post sounds good though.

20. I didn't know exact numbers so I looked them up. I did know the less heat the better. But the concept is there.