Best way to sex plants with one growbox

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by keyser_soze, Oct 24, 2014.

1. #1 keyser_soze, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Does anyone have experience with putting plants in 12/12 to sex and then re-vegging? I would love to hear from you. Also when I TOP my plants could I use that top as a clone to sex and how big would it have to be and would that take forever etc. any help would be appreciated

The Dank Knight

2. How to best sex them? With your penis...

I reckon the top might be a bit small to use as a clone. I usually LST until I get something I can clone, then flower that sucka while leaving the plant in veg.

Or you can.let em go until they get some preflowers on 'em. Should be around 6-8 weeks. I wouldn't recommend it if you have limited space.

And I've never liked the throw to 12/12 then reveg method. Stresses the plant too much IMO.

3. Thanks! And yeah I don't like the idea of the light schedule method either for the same reason. I guess my real question is how long can I keep them
    In the solo cups. I dont wanna be repotting potential males to bigger pots. And I'm gonna have like 12 going maybe even more. My growbox is set up for 2 plants maybe 4 smaller plants. Can I veg in solo cups long enough to get clones from each? I'm thinking there's no way to do this without a second growbox anyway. So I'm gonna have to come up with something

The Dank Knight

4. I'll try the penis method....

The Dank Knight

5. Honestly man, its downright difficult to deal with clones when you only have 1 small grow chamber. I have 3 in one room, each doing its own thing and I don't even have enough space I feel.

Your plants are gonna get rootbound way before they'll show ya their sex in solo cups... Are you growing bagseed? I reckon 12 will get crowded pretty quickly.

Think about autos or feminized seeds next go around, it'll save ya a good amount of hassle.

6. Next one prob. But for now I gotta figure this out. Maybe it'll figure itself out for me. As far as which look
    Healthy. I'm trying to speed up a bagseed grow but I guess that's pretty hard to do without multiple set ups

The Dank Knight

7. I'd browse around the micro grow section. You'll probably find someone in there who had the same issues you're having and dealt with it in a better way than I could think of...

8. Thanks dude! I'll try that.

The Dank Knight