Best way to scrog in a tent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nt3grals, Feb 28, 2016.

1. So i am waiting on my 36"x22"x63" Agromax tent to get here, & i am going to be using 2 300w Galaxyhydro LED lights, & growing two plants at a time in 5 gallon smartpots. My question is, what would be the best way for me to scrog in a tent that size? Im really wanting to have an even canopy, & am thinking that by topping 4 times or so, and then LST'ing, that i'll be able to achieve the canopy i need. Now my question is, how should i go about making the scrog in my tent? Just use string and tie it off to each of the 4 poles? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Triple6Greens, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016

make a frame out of pvc pipe. To fit in your box. Then like a tennis racket just run string like a racket to achieve the size of squares you want

There is tons of info on this site to how go about it but I think pvc is the cheapest and easiest

3. I bought a roll of fence and it was 4' wide which was perfect. I had a 2x4 and got it to produce over a pound after it was dialed in completely. I also made it a little bigger than the tent so it would bulge the tent slightly giving me more area to grow. With ventilation it would cave in slightly without this. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1456697484.072287.jpg
    You can see the first three rows of holes were added on to get more room. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1456697552.070239.jpg
    It actually gave me a 20% increase in area and finally put me over the pound mark for that tent. I cut mine an extra length of holes and cut off leaving the ones on the end. Then I bent that extra spike at each end down and fastened to the tent poles with hose clamps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are you doing soil or hydro? I grow in coco and I would think 5 gal pots is excessive if you are growing hydro. I can't speak for soil grows but 3 gal is prob more than enough. Using the scrog technique I can get a half pound from 1 3gal smart pot. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1456698547.593339.jpg
    8.3 oz off this grapefruit diesel in 3gal.

5. Yeah i plan on growing in coco also bro, & using Ironh3ad's method.
    So you think i should just go with 3's then? Ill do that then bcuz i was kind of wondering.

6. Thing is bro, im not using a box. Im growing in a tent. I have found some good ways to scrog in a box by makingg frames out of wood and stuff, but i need to figure out a good way to scrog in a tent using string, since it is easiest to do when comes harvest time. Obviously i need a way to be able to raise and lower the height.

7. I would def say 3's. Otherwise you will waste a lot if nutes.

8. Just curious, why do you need to change the height of the screen? I have never moved mine. I put it where I want it and train the plants to it.

9. I just figured i would need to move it, but this is my first attempt at LST & scrog, so i wasnt sure about it. What do you use to LST your plants when you use the bags? Do you tie em off, & where to if u do?

10. I use these screens. They are 2'x3' and have 2" holes. They are made from steel and are powder coated

[​IMG]

I attached mine to a pvc pipe frame because it needs to be connected to my DWC reservoir lid. But you could just cable tie it to the upright poles as you're using pots.

[​IMG]

You don't need to top or train the plants, the screen does all that for you. You don't adjust the height of the screen, nothing good will come of that.

[​IMG]

I also use them on the ceiling of my tents to make them more rigid and give me lots of places to hang equipment from

[​IMG]

11. About how high above your pot do you put the screen?

12. Let me know how those lights work. Was thinkin about buying a couple but couldn't find enough feedback on them.

13. Alright, will do bro. I just got em in, and wont be entirely ready to get things going for probably a couple more weeks, but ill definitely let you know.

14. Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe when you scrog you should bend your branches under the net. You will get more noding from light contact in the sides of your branches as well as them growing taller

Knowledge is power, so feed me knowledge. Check out my grow!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoldGrower where can you buy that Mesh panel at? I like how you put it on the top as well, for more support, and to hang things on! How much do they go for about$?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. [​IMG][​IMG]

PVC frame, screws every 2" too wrap the Masons line. Attached to the legs of the tent

• Like Like x 3
  18. Heres what my screen looks like. So you are saying i should use ties to tie it to the upright legs of the tent in each corner? Wouldnt that cause it to slide up and down? [​IMG]

19. If it's cut to the inside size of your tent frame it will be fine. I just cinch 2 decent sized zip ties criss crossed in each corner. The criss cross causes it to bind and hold. Its got to be tight and the corners need to meet up with the poles nicely. My nets aren't in right now but you can sort of see the connection in the upper left corner of the bottom pic. Never slides. I can slide it but it takes effort. The plants never will

20. Yeah i built mine to where ill probably have about an inch on all sides, so it probably wont be fit to the exact room. When i built it i wanted to make sure i had a little extra room to play with just in case. When you put your screen back in, send me a pic so i can see what you are doing exactly in the corners. I wont have my tent back up until july though bcuz im in drug court and have to wait until then when i am done before putting my shit back up. Im just trying to get everything prepared for now tho