Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to make ganja tea?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Italianteaman, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,
    I can't take regular smoking (I cough too much unfortunately) so I started to make some tea now and then. I don't have the cannabutter so I mix the grinded buds with some butter in a pan and let them melt. Then Iput everything in the tea ball with some tea leaves and simmer for 30 minutes.
    Is it the best way to make it? Does it work with hash as well?
    P.s.: It works. Is not as strong as regular joints but you can still feel to be high. I experienced a slight dizziness and a sense of overall relexation.
    Thanks again in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    How dedicated are you? I would suggest making an Everclear tincture. Directions are in Another Tincture thread in this sub forum. An alcohol tincture gives good extraction- most of the goodies extracted with two rinses. This tincture is measured in drops and easily added to any beverage. If you prefer your method, a decarb of 40 minutes at 240F will make your herb active then you can use it as is, but some milk or other fat (think bulletproof coffee) would not go amiss. The THC will not extract into water so you need a fat unless you are eating the contents of your tea ball.
    Your hash needs the same decarb and can range from 20% to 60% (Google) THC so adjust your dose accordingly. With the tincture in hot coffee I am feeling it in 30 minutes. Your choice of tea should work fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joker1121 that is a very interesting method! I will try it as soon as I have some time.
    Yeah I am aware that THC can't be extracted with water alone, that's why I add butter :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. I tell you what a couple years back i made myself some really potent tea using butter , i probably used about 10-15 grams give or take . Anysways moral of the story if you going to make tea you better make a potent cup of tea :coffee::D

• Like Like x 1