Best way to jailbreak iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX5, Dec 16, 2010.

1. I used blackra1n on my 3G, but I think you have to donate to get it now. Anyone know a good, safe way to unlock?

2. Depends on the firmware. I have 4.0.1 and used JailbreakMe

3. I found one called redsn0w for 4.2.1 but apparently that's only a tethered jailbreak. Not sure what that means but the general consensus is that you should wait for a non-tethered one.

Any blades want to explain this to me? I'm kind of a luddite with this sort of stuff.

4. if you have the right software (last time i checked, they didn't have jailbreaking for the newest OS)..just go to jailbreakme and all you do is slide this bar and it jailbreaks for you

i did it manually with my ipod touch last year and it was a pain in the ass

5. i sent you a pm

6. I was wondering the same thing excepts for the new iPod touch

7. ipodtouchfans.com

just click on forum near the top and look around (its a forum so its pretty explainatory but beware ppl there are dicks and are 10-15 year olds who are bitches)

8. +rep for the help.

Yeah I'm just gonna wait for an un-tethered jailbreak, hopefully it'll be sometime soon.

9. yeah i used those forums when i needed to jb my ipod touch
    pretty informative but i basically learned everything by lurking cause the people there are pricks

10. Just smash it on the wall once your in jail. I really didn't think this would be that complicated.

EDIT: and you won't be able to unlock the cell.. obviously..