Best way to grow???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dandavies99, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Hey guys, how r u all doin? I currently have a 600w MH and HPS bulb for flower, just wondering on which kind of grow would benefit me most. I've done loads of reading and can't quite make up my mind, i have a 2m x 2m x 2m space so size isn't really an issue, I've thought of doing a few larger bigger yielding plants, loads of smaller plants, scrog, SOG, photoperiod, auto's etc.. and don't know which way to go.

I'm in the middle of my first grow which I'm putting down to a learning curve as that's what it's been (learnt a hell of a lot on here, thanks for that.) but as I've said I'm quite undecided. :)

Just wanting to know people's preferences and if anyone would be willing to spare a few seconds to reply and explain why they prefer their chosen method I'd be grateful for the info.

Thanks a lot ,

Peace out :)

2. Thank u jerry. Appreciate the reply, I'll check it out now. :)

3. Dandavies - I'm NOT promoting my own gardening journal (god knows its big enuff already *lol*) but when you get a chance take a look at "Jerry's Organic Obsession" located in my signature below. You will find a lot of very useful information by many experienced organic gardeners and pictures showing the sheer quality of organic flowers. I do not need to spend money on "this or that Nutrient Line" anymore, in fact, I spend almost nothing, whatsoever, now that a high quality soil has been made and is being used. I practice what is called "No-Till" gardening, which means that I am able to re-use the very same soil time after time. The same day that I harvest a plant, I dig a small 1 gallon sized hole in the middle of my pot, removing the main stem and a very small part of the root ball. I then take a new plan which is been vegging in a 1 gallon container and drop it into the small hole I just dug, then I top dress the container with a little earthworm castings or kelp meal in and I'm ready to go again for another full round. Talk about being inexpensive! No checking pH, no checking ppm, no flushing - this method is as simple and inexpensive as it gets, and the quality of the flowers are unsurpassed. I don't even have to give my plants different fertilizers, etc. when they go from veg to flower - everything is already in the soil mix.

The fertilizer companies/media have been telling marijuana gardeners for many years now that unless you buy all of these many bottles of nutrients and additives that you will not be able to grow quality buds, and this is simply so very untrue. I used all of those bottles for many, many years before I was shown that I was wasting lots of money and time by doing so.

I'm NOT saying that this is the ONLY way to garden - not at all. I AM saying that this is the least expensive and simplest way, and have found that this organic method gives me the highest quality flowers. There are many ways, but for me, I'll never need another method again.

Best of luck with whichever method you choose!

J

4. #5 roostaphant, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    There really isn't a 'best way' to grow, truthfully. In the end, it all comes down to the grower. Someone can have the best setup, best genetics, top of the line everything, and still end up growing shitty bud. On the other hand, experienced growers can use just about anything to make it work, and grow buds far superior to most. I guess what I'm saying is that while many techniques can achieve the same end result, it has more to do with how much care you put into the grow. Take care of your plants, treat them well, be patient, and you should be happy with what you get.

Personally, the only methods I've used are soil in Smart Pots and Hempy buckets. I really like the Hempy's, very easy system - probably won't ever use soil again. I'd really like to try organics with them (right now I'm using FF nutrient trio & solubles trio), but I haven't found much from google yet. Hempy's are also much easier to fix when dealing with nute deficiencies, pH problems (even though I've never experienced either), and its impossible to overwater/over feed ...I like em a lot!

5. An organic gardener with a well made soil will never, ever experience a "deficiency".

Deficiencies come from man trying to duplicate natures nutritional needs and failing miserably.

How often do you see deficiencies out in the woods, on the edge of a swamp, etc? You don't. It's a jungle out there.

J

6. That's why I'd like to try using only organics in a Hempy system - I love the buckets, but I kinda wanna go a step further and do an organic grow. I have some organic nutes I got for free from the hydro store, I think they're called 'nectar of the gods'?

7. I am running the General Organic lineup in what will be a sort of coco mix hempy system. I am using a mixture of expanded coco, roots organics soilless mix, and forest hummus on top of the hempy. Underneath I will be using GrowStones soil aerator stones in place of perlite. GrowStones are made from recycled glass so they are easier on the environment and they work better than perlite anyway.

I employ no till gardening outdoors like Jerry but indoors I prefer to feed my system. I use a rooting enhancer and a kelp extract. I also use a humic acid and a silicon supplement. Then I add in my macro nutrients and if need be I can add some CaMg with some carbs. To maintain the micro herd I am using Vermi T. To someone like Jerry, and other minimalists, any list of ingredients is "unnecessary." I say, different strokes for different folks. I know why each product is used and in a hydroponic system turned organic it would be tough to make it no-till successfully. For me, the system that makes the most sense (and is the "best") is a cocorganic-hempy.