Best way to germinate

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Maryjane34, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Whats the best ways to germinate autofloweirng strains? if there any different.

2. 'Sup Maryjane :wave:. The husks from autoflowering strains are thicker than normal strains, due to the ruderalis genes. Papertowel method works well. Soak them in 3/4 cup water with 10-20 ml H2O2 for 24 hours then plant them directly into soil or you can soak em until the taproot is 1/4" then place them in soil with the "helmet" sticking out slightly. You might also need to either precrack em scuff em with sandpaper or deliver them with forceps. Did you get your af AK-47 and af blueberry? Google for different suggestions. Keep us posted. Peace, e :bongin:

3. How do you pre crack or scuff with sand paper.. i got auto ak-47, auto blueberry.

4. use rooting hormone on the seeds they pop in less than 2 days.

5. 'Sup maryjane :wave:. Check out http://highbred.net/forums/. Its a dedicated site for lowryder and lowryder crosses. they have a germinating section. ive learned alot from it and wil highly recommend checking it out. As for pre cracking, take a pair of tweezers, i used the pointy kind. grab the seed and put it into the tweezers seam side up with the "butt" of the seed facing inside the tweezers and gently and steady pressure until u hear the crack. I found it easier to soak em first then try cracking them, the husks wont be "as" tough . Sand paper is used to thin the outter wall so water can penetrate it and start cell division. As ive said before ruderalis genes gave autoflowering strains thick husks. Hope this helps. Peace, e :bongin:

6. thanks i fanlly got them germinated how long did your lowryders take to pop the soil