best way to fix crack on bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by userben, Oct 28, 2012.

1. so i accidently cracked the bottom of my bong and was wonder if anyone else has had this happen and what they did to fix it.... i dont have enough money to buy a new bong.i have read silicone, caulk, and glue. i was wonder the safest way to go. i thank you for your responses

Attached Files:

2. Best way to fix a crack on a bong is to save $ and buy a new bong

3. but until then you could get some jb weld works great get the water weld apply SMALL amount and done

EDIT: could you post a picture of your bong from the side i think i might have the same one

4. What i would do personally, get a huge roll of hemp,and some apoxy for glass apply it on the whole bottom and a little more up and just wrap it around and around ya know cover the whole thing. It will stick with the apoxy and it looks pretty sick. i did this with a broken bong my brother gave me in HS but sadly it fell off a deck and shattered :(

5. Jb weld might work for now

6. keep in mind that even with jb weld its a temp fix the crack will get worse and eventually the entire thing will break but that will work untill either you get a new one or goto a glass blower i have jb holding the tube of my bong together

7. #7 YoSmokinMan, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Yeah jb welds probably the best. Go for the regular stuff with the red and black tubes.

You could try the marine weld but I know original jb bonds to glass very well. Marine probably does also I just have no experience with it.

Scratch the bottom up real good all along the crack with sandpaper, clean it with iso and apply the epoxy. Pretty liberally. Don't try to put any epoxy inside the bong.

Let it sit upside down in a warm area for a couple days. That will last a while if you do it as I said but water always seems to find a way out eventually.

I wonder what chemicals are leaching out of the epoxy into the water if any (probably). Or how fast, or if it will transfer to the smoke.

8. You should use epoxy or jb weld.

9. I would use aquarium sealant, but that's just me. It's non-toxic, and pretty simple to use. You just squirt it on and let it dry, be sure to let it dry completely and do the gluing in a well-ventilated area, I did it in a tiny bathroom and definitely felt woozy haha

10. pics!!! if you decide to do another one, i wanna do this but im not sure how it would turn out

11. I dont have pics it was from high school (4 years ago) I wish i had a camera phone back then, i would totally have pictures.