Best way to consume CBD mid-work day?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by warpedfuzz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Recently started indulging in Dinamed CBD, AMAZING stuff. About 4 generous vape rips prior to the workday relaxes me very nicely. I was wondering, mid-day at work what's the best way I can get another small dose? I don't know if I really get away with vaping there. I guess it would be some sort of edible I'd have to make. What's the best and most practical thing to make for this purpose?

2. Capsules are about the ultimate in Stealth.
    [​IMG]

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes.

If working with Herb grind to powder after decarb

Mix with Coconut oil at desired ratio
    1/6th lecithin per oil volume will assist the bioavailability.
    Heat 220 for 20 Minutes to bind CBD to oil
    Freeze (helps soften the weed material)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.
    ===================================
    Example of how I make high THC oil for my medical issue
    ===================================

5 grams of decarbed Hash, Kief, Powdered Buds, Concentrates
    2.5 teaspoon Coconut oil ( any cooking oil works )
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin ( any kind )
    Freeze
    Done. Fills about 30 (0) size capsules.
    ==================================

I used this same ratio when I grew out a pair CBD plants to experiment to see if it would help my pain issue but it was a fail. THC stops my pain cold but CBD did zip for me on it's own.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thanks much for the info. I've heard about doing this before. Well, this is CBD with a smidgeon of THC in it (.8% or so). I guess I just have to watch the dosage. I know how many puffs off the vape does the job for me, I'll have to do some trial and error I suppose for this method.

4. Just started a Dinamed CBD plant myself but have yet to try it. Glad you like it and its working for you. I'm a huge fan of the high CBD low THC strains as they relax my body without the head high, great for during the day.

5. It's a basic math problem. Two plus two equals five., or something like that. :)
    CBD starts as CBD-a and needs a decarb step exactly like THC does to be activated. All Food or drink infused intended cannabis products need decarb.

The Lecithin makes the Cannabis more bioavailable so you get more bang for less money and may find you need half the milligrams per dose then your numbers said. Experimentation will tell you that.

Working with capsules I've found if I make up some 1 drop caps and some 2s and 4s and 8s and let the individual figure out what works best. A full (0) size capsule is about 25 drops so the math is simple enough.
    My wife will say I'd like more of the weak 6s and I know exactly what she needs and at what count per capsule because we've worked it out long ago 1 drop at a time.

Now oddly enough I've suddenly stumped myself and need more research on CBD and your Liver.
    I've posed myself a question and didn't find a fast answer.

Eaten THC is converted in the liver from Delta-9-THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC.
    Delta -9 is what you get smoked or vaped.

The 2 compounds are quite different as Delta-9 is fast acting and as fast to wear off. 11-Hydroxy is 5 times stronger and lasts 10 times as long after it's trip through the Liver.

S I asked myself does CBD undergo any type of similar transformation and the answer seems to be no.
    A Conversion of Oral Cannabidiol to Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Seems Not to Occur in Humans
    Took a while to find a definitive answer but this seems to cover it.

You will be our test case and please report your findings. :)

BNW

6. This may seem like a common knowledge type of question, but i really plan on using your method (unless i stumble upon another)

Would it be feasible to put the liquid in a vial with a dropper? Or does the liquid become too thick from the coconut oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Regular Coconut oil becomes a solid at 76F and lower.
    For vial and dropper use change to the liquid version Coconut oil
    [​IMG]

BNW

8. You've been given great advice from the expert (BNW)
    I'll suggest yet another stealth - hard candy.
    It's up to you to decipher your dosage, but you can make lozenges any size you prefer - dime, nickel, quarter size. Any flavor you can find.
    No different than eating a cough drop.
    You can even dissolve as much as you want, then wrap the remainder for later, if that's what you need to do at the time. (that's what my sister does because my needs are stronger than hers)

9. @Patricia Clemons
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Great idea. It's in the last few pages of Psam's thread on dripping Tincture onto various candies and letting it dry-evaporate the alcohol.
    Don't even have to make the candies, how simple does it get?

10. Been twisting up some CBD flower for about a year on some mornings & afternoons. Much better for me, clean taste and much lower smell than kush.

11. It's GREAT stuff man! I think you'll be very happy with it. Perfect for the work day. Relaxes me nicely, I can't imagine starting out my work day without it at this point, it's perfect. Helps to relax when sitting at a computer for long stretches too which can kink ya up a bit, this stuff just really relaxes you perfectly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Thanks all for the great advice here, I plan on implementing it shortly :thankyou:

13. Tea or edibles, travel friendly and easy to take without a conversation, especially in an office environment

• Like Like x 2