Best way to clean pipe

Discussion in 'General' started by choec, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hey I know there has got to be a post on the best way to clean a pipe, but searching threads didn't help. Was wondering if anyone had a home recipe or something cheap and effective they can share for cleaning the resin out of a pipe.

Thanks!

2. Rubbing alcohol works very well. I use a small stick though, takes some effort but it works. Also, these are very good for cleaning pipes too

[​IMG]

3. I use this stuff called Krud Kutter from Lowes...

I just put the pipe in something where it can be
    submerged...leave it for awhile and BAM.

Totally like new...no more scrubbin, no more salt,
    no more shakin...5-6 bucks I spent that has lasted
    me for more than 8 months. Big Refill thing is like
    15 bucks. Last me for well over a year...
    I use it for all my pipes.

Rinse it out real good and it's good to go.

4. Alcohol (wintergreen scented so it smells nice) and rice. Fill it partially with the alcohol, put a handful of rice in there (depending on how big your piece is), cover the mouth-piece and shake vigourosly for a while until it's all clean. Rince with hot water a couple of times, whipe dry with a clean towel and let the inside air-dry for about a day. As clean as the day you bought it.

5. ISO Alcohol and qtips/pipe cleaners. That's all. You don't need any of that overpriced "420 cleaner" shit.

6. use a screen and change the screens = problem solved.

7. Doesn't work as effectively as some of the others but
    I just fill a ziploc with boiling water and a little alcohol, then I shake it vigorously.
    I let it sit for 30 minutes then I take it out and use a tooth pick to get some of the tough stuff out.
    That's it.