Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Way to clean out a Pipe??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hot Nugs, Mar 23, 2010.

1. :smoke:What is your prefered or best way to clean out a pipe? Make it like Brand NEW.. i havent taken un-resinated hits for a long while now.. i wanna feel da green@@:hello::hello:

2. Ok, heres what you will need

a ziplock baggy

90% isopropyl alcohol

Salt

1. Put pipe in ziplock baggy

2. Dissolve the salt into the rubbing alcohol until the mixture is saturated (salt starts accumulating at the bottom.) once you have a good amount of salt at the bottom, then your ready for step 3

3. Pour mixture into bag.

4. Shake the bag for a few minutes, dump the mixture out. Refill it with the same mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes.

5. Shake some more, and pour the rest out of the piece and bag. Now rinse thoroughly with hot water, and dry off

your clear for liftoff bro :hippie:

3. i just boil my piece if i want to get it nice and shiny like.

4. I always thought if my pipe touched the bottom of the metal in the pan it would crack it from the heat of the stove. It doesn't, though..?

5. no TearDownGod, Heat melts glass... cold will make it very easily breakable.. but anyways i dont have all the tools to do that Mr.Liftoff sorry bro but i think ill just boil it in hot water with soap :D

6. Nice one smarty pants. I was referring to the fact that there is less than an 8th of an inch of metal between my pipe and some red hot fuckin' coils. They use dawn for oil spills, maybe that shit works on resin too.

7. ya it does lolol

8. dont worry though your glass wont melt/break anywhere near the temperature your stove gets

9. exactly wat STEELHOUND said thats wat i do with my spoon..:smoke:

10. The pipe would only crack on the stove if you stored it in the freezer and then dropped into into a boiling pot of water. You're fine with stove temperatures.

I clean mine by soaking in rubbing alcohol, and wipe the few remaining bits off with a washcloth. Then I rinse with water. If it gets really gross, I use the salt method.

11. Awwuh i'm not retarded guys, water boils at 212 degrees.. It was the transfer of heat via metal. I have one of the old school stoves with the badass rings that get red fucking hot. It's was under the impression that it is not just cold that makes glass break, or going from cold to hot. It's the drastic change of temperature over the short period of time.

12. dude u seem prty cool n im bored u got AIM? fuk man idk i wanna smoke also but its 12:11 midnight here but i have a hard indica.. GDP idk if i shuld smoke lol... fuck it ima get high

13. #15 Wise, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    yea i boil my shit all the time. Water about 1 inch higher than the piece. boil for 10-25 minutes. A rapid boil seems to clean better. it lets off a pretty good resin smell that sticks around for a while. so be aware if it aint ya house.

14. Don't ever boil your glass, it will weaken it and can crack it easily no matter what. You Could dip it into a pot of boiling water, making sure it doesn't touch the bottom. Besides the bubbling moves it around a hard and hot metal pot, and since the heat weakens it, it can crack easily.

If that's shits really caked, boil some water in a tea pot/kettle until steam is shooting from the spout. Hole your pipe a few inches from the spout end and let steam run through it for no more then 10-15 seconds or it may get hot and drop resiny water all over your stove.
    Then quickly throw it in a bag with alcohol and salt and shake it vigorously for 5-10 minutes total. Make sure to rinse it really well with warm or hot tap water.

15. ok thanks so regular hydrogen peroxide is fine? i dont need the isopropyl alcohol right?

16. #18 TearDownGod, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    OH god! I love being validated. I knew I was right. I love being right too.

Mmmmm so warm inside right now... :love:

edit- who said hydrogen peroxide was fine? alchohol man, it's like acid to that black tar-shit gunk.

17. Pipes are made out of borosilicate, or Pyrex. It's specifically made to tolerate going from the freezer to the oven. It can tolerate years of cleaning by boiling, if that's how you like it. Borosilicate can handle temperatures up to 500*c - the highest home ovens get. You're at less than half that with boiling water. Unless you boiled the pot dry...

18. this guy knows hwat hes talkin about