Best way to clean glass?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by RasMg69, Oct 25, 2013.

1. What is the best way to clean a glass pipe? I would prefer soaking it although im not sure what the best concentrate would be for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. iso and salt will do an excellent job. if i am soaking i use simple green, an affordable alternative to grunge off, just takes a little bit longer. i usually use pure acetone and salt to shake, just my preference.

3. Kosher salt not table. Its larger and will scrape the gunk off when you shake it.

4. Kosher or Epsom salt and rubbing alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I use an ISO and rock salt mix. Works real good.

6. Yeah just use the search button and you can find out

7. I cleaned mine for the first time after more than a year. I know, nasty right? I usually roll up thats why. It was simple though. I put the pipe in a sandwich bag and submerged it in normal rubbing alcohol. Let it sit over night then ran it under hot water. Everything came right out and the pipe was like brand new.

8. I fill a baggy with rubbing alcohol just deep enough too completely submerge my piece. I've always just added table salt, however im sure larger grains would work better, but i just drop my pipe in and let it soak about 5 minutes or so, then shake the shit out of it. Usually cleans it really well, occasionally ill run a pipe cleaner through it. Here lately ive been smoking out of a 1.99 cent corn cob pipe though. It hits hard as hell. I pick it up over my glass for long rides or a hike.

9. [quote name="phunk doc" post="18878706" timestamp="1382663299"]iso and salt will do an excellent job. if i am soaking i use simple green, an affordable alternative to grunge off, just takes a little bit longer. i usually use pure acetone and salt to shake, just my preference.[/quote

Thanks for the advice. :) how does the Simple Green solution effect the taste of said piece?

10. Thank you. :) Much better than just soaking it in alcohol alone

11. But here you get it straight from the source, nothin better than primary advice. ;)

12. Great advice man, do you also follow up with a soak in water to rid the pipe of the alcohol/salt taste?

13. Hell yeah man, did it get rid of the resin aftertaste?

14. Acetone works wonders. Let it soak for 12 to 24 hours and you're gravy.

Sent from deeznutz using Grasscity forum app

15. To answer two of your questions in one, yes it will get rid of the resin after taste. And yeah i usually run cold water down the bowl and through the pipe, then just use a lighter and dry hit it a time or two before I pack it again. My main glass piece Is actually a crack pipe according too most of my friends. Its just a glass straight shooter, About as big around and long as my pinky. Everything just runs straight through it so its a breeze too clean.

16. My girlfriend used too smoke out of a pipe that looked like an elephant, I have no clue where she got it. But it was really round and the bowl was in its back and you hit through the trunk, carb was where its ass was. That pipe hit incredibly hard. I just cleaned it out with Alcohol, Same zip-loc technique, just no salt. i was afraid it may settle in the pipe cause the trunk was curved. Rubbing alcohol alone will clean a pipe really well. If you dont get it all the first round, run it through again.

17. Yep. The pipe was like when I first bought it.

18. I have hit an elephant pipe as well, they rip pretty hard!

19. That pipe has torn my ass up so many times its not funny. Good luck cleaning your glass man! Happy Tokin'.

20. Thanks, appreciate the advice :)