Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to clean a pipe?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ColorsNstuff, Mar 13, 2013.

1. What's the best way to get the resin out of your pipe? My friend says you can boil your piece I think that's BS. I heard of using salt and alcohol

2. /\ /\ This works very well...;)

3. Isn't there a reason they call pipe cleaners PIPE CLEANERS? Lol

4. there is only so many places a pipe cleaner will reach and it's still not going to do much...;)

5. Does boiling work?

6. Boiling does work but just put it in a ziploc with the highest % isopropyl alcohol you can find, around here 91% is what I see at Walmart. You can use salt or not, I don't. Use the smallest amount of alcohol possible btw. Either shake the bag vigorously for 20 minutes or so or you can just let it sit for 24hr shaking it here and there. Then get a surface like a glass plate or something and pour the alcohol out onto that. Leave it for a day or two and the alcohol will evaporate leaving resin which you can then scrape. If you're bowl is very dirty this will give you a good bit of resin. I don't smoke resin bowls but I do like spreading it on the inside of blunt to make them burn slower.

7. put it in a ziplock like bag with 91% rubbing alcohol and salt and shake it, soak it

8. If you want to go all out invest in some 420 cleaner. I usually use it on my larger pieces, especially my pieces with percs. It's a bit over kill for hand pipes but it always works.

9. #9 Inforit, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    no boiling or soaking.

10. you can boil a bowl to get it clean.
    its not BS at all. it actually works great.

id recommend using an empty soup can though.
    the resin can stick to the inside of the pot, which is why i opt for a soup can.

remove the label, turn on the burner, & wait.

ISO and Salt is much easier.
    if its a bowl, youre going to have to let it soak.

11. Ive boiled, scraped, salted with alcohol and found that the 420 solution works best! reasonably priced and quick too.. be sure to rinse off well!

12. Pipe cleaner

13. isopropyl alcohol 70%+ and sea salt works flawlessly always when cleaning glass pieces. Put your piece in a ziplock, pour enough alcohol in there to submerge it about half way, and pour sea salt in there (regular salt works as well, but sea salt works better in my opinion). Shake it up for about 5-10 minutes and then let it sit for a while. It should be clean in no time.

14. Depending on the type of pipe, glass or metal. And if your going to smoke your resin afterwards. When cleaning my glass pieces, I use a simple tool. A paper clip. Not one of those cheap ones that if you fold them out, they break. One that bends easily. Fold out your paper clip and at one end, take a pair of pliers and fold it in on itself about half in inch or so. ________7 will sort of look like that. This gets most of the resin out of your glass piece. And so you can smoke it afterwards. I never clean my pipes with alcohol and sea salt as many suggest. It's a waste of some good shit. As for metal pipes, those are a bit more difficult to get clean. I use a one sided blade and a nut picker. Just go in and scrape. You won't get all the resin out, granted, but you will get the majority of it. :) if you want to fully clean your pipe for whatever reason, the use the sea salt and alcohol. Hope this is useful :)

15. Kosher salt, and isopropyl alcohol. I just started using this method myself. It works great. Just try and clean your pieces as often as possible to keep them working in tip top shape.

16. I always boil water ina pyrex measuring cup in tha microwave....pour it ina plastic container and add like 3-4tbs of baking soda....put a lid on shake like hell and an hr later...presto-change-o!:smoke: