Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Way to Avoid Panic Attacks.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smoked All Dat, Mar 29, 2010.

1. I don't know why everyone has such long posts pertaining to panic attacks. Im telling you the truth right now. If you begin to panic, just tell yourself "Its the drug, and Im fine, no one ever died or went brain-dead from this, it's all in my head." Then sit back, take a deep fucking breath and enjoy the herb. I can understand if your a newbie smoker and its your first time greening out.. but it shouldn't happen more than once. If it does, you need to learn its just a fucking plant, it won't kill you, you need to enjoy it. If you can't stand your enviorment and shit is making you paranoid, LEAVE.

Just what I think. :wave:

2. Yeah, I've never understood the deal with panic attacks..

Just think of all the times you've been super high, then gone back to normal a few hours later.

3. i guess relaxing is just harder for some.... pretty easy for me lol

4. I've greeened out once.. and that was a few months ago. For 2 hours (or it seemed that much) I layed on the couch twitching and talking to myself thinking the darkness (I was in a barely lit basement) was trying to get me. No one warned me about greening out so it scared the fuck outta me. That didn't ever stop me from smoking again though :smoke:. Now, whenever I get paranoid I just tell myself "aint shit there, enjoy your high." and it works every time.

5. Avoiding the paranoia for me was just reminding myself I was just high, not a big deal and act like you always would otherwise, no reason not to:smoke:

6. It's a little bit deeper then that. People that have smoked for years can get panic attacks off weed.

7. Cannabis is my medicine, I used to get panic attacks without it. Lifesaver:smoke:

8. True, it can be used for anxiety. Mary jane makes some peoples anxiety worse.

9. #9 jackata2, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    I don't have any problem with panic/anxiety attacks in fact, I'm more confident when I'm high to the point that I go crazy (funny crazy :D)... but sometimes, if I'm really blown out, I get paranoid from getting busted...
    and THAT, you can't solve till the herb is legalized :smoke:

10. #10 TheKroNdiZZle, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    It's different for some people.

Weed started off my anxiety and panic attacks cuz it over stimulates the brain and can make anxiety kick in.

I've been smoking for well over a year now and everytime I'm high I get panic attacks.

There's nothin I can do about em I've went to Psychiatrists and they won't perscribe benzos so I'm pretty much fucked.

I actually quit as of last night cuz all weed does is cause me anxiety and panic attacks.

When I'm sober Ill have no anxiety basically.

Had fun with the herb but now it's time to live a sober life.

11. I would say try ONE more time by buying a totally different strain... even if it means paying for mids..

i know that some strains causes anxiety and panic attacks more than others... that's why im highly suggesting you to either try lower grade bud (hell schwag could be the best for your condition) or a totally different strain..

12. its not that easy. My girl used to smoke just as much as me and now, due to panic attacks, she never smokes. She got the panic attacks originally not stoned, but smoking brings em on. Trust me, it's not as easy as saying..."get over it" I've seen her cry for hours feeling like shes dying. Panic attacks are serious shit

13. Yep, I've smoked for 4-5 years occasionally and about everyday for the past 2 years. Then after a bad shroom trip, every time I smoke I get panic attacks. And you must have never had a real panic attack cause that shit ain't cool. Once you have one high, your stuck in that mindset that everytime you smoke it's gunna happen.

14. I guess I had my first panic attack last night. I really don't wanna stop smoking, so I'll definitely lower the dose tonight and if another attack happens, I'll take some warm Xanax.

15. Lol why did you necro'd that thread?

16. Because I had a panic attack recently. Today I smoked 3 bowls and no attack. They're like freakin seizures.

17. Yeah man its not as easy as telling yourslf "its just a plant" or ill be fine... For some people being high can mess with their reasoning and panic attacks are unavoidable... once they start up, its hard to talk them down. And for some people even smoking .1 can give them panic attacks that'll last for an hour or two. Ive had a few panic attacks when i smoke, and it was probably one of the scariest experiences ive experienced.

18. the only time i've ever had a panic attack was when i came home from smoking out in the woods somewhere and realized i had like a bowlpack left and 5 bucks in my pocket. panicking because you're high is nooby lol:smoking:

19. I just always have a no stress no panic mentality. Stressing and panicking won't make shit go away any faster so why bother putting yourself through it? Just hit up your local bathroom and rub one out. You be good

20. Panic attack's are very easy to control once you have experiance. It is easy to maintain your own and to maintain others.

The first step is to bring yourself back in the room. Stand up and sit down again, remember your just high. Take deep breaths of air and tell yourself it is just the weed. This is all mental, it cannot possibly do any bad.

The first step is crucial. You have made your body aware your high, reassured yourself the high is not dangerous and have cleared your mind.

The second step is to introduce something your brain pairs with happiness. For example putting on a tv show like family guy (or whatever you find funny!). This step is to get your mind working. You will automatically remember family guy as a funny comedy. This will set your brain into a comfortable comedy zone. The brain knows nothing bad happens in comedys, and this makes you feel like nothing bad will happen now.

These 2 steps have never failed to work for me on the few time's i've experianced these attacks and they have helped my friends too.

If someone else is having a panic attack, particularly a new smoker follow these steps.

First of all you need to address the person by there name. The brain is used to responding fast to hearing there name called. This makes them more alert and focused on you. Then you must simply reassure them the same as you would yourself, tell them this is entirely safe, they are in a safe room and nothing bad can happen.

Again this step is important to focusing and relaxing them.

The second step is to turn the lights off. The darker the room means the less things visible to distract the brain. Put a tv show on. Something funny is preferable, again like family guy or similar. And finally, give them a sugary drink such as cola.
    These steps focus the brain to comedy as mentioned above, and the sugar will give them a slight boost and make them more aware. This will give the sensation of a lessened high.

Tried and tested plenty of times. Once you memorise those easy steps it's a problem of the past! :D