Best Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Woofer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. #21 Digs n Dabs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    I just pulled out my old Vapir One. What do you guys think of this? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, just a thought here, but wondering if anyone would be willing to do a review of the different vapes? Seems to be a lot of opinions and some obvious experts but it is really hard to find this kind of valuable information all in one place. We could do a serious favor for many people to follow.

2. Depends on price range.

3. My da buddha literally fucks me up every night and can give you a stronger body high than smoking from bongs... from my experience anyway :smoke:

Plus the actual unit is small and does not smell at all (the whip does a little bit though after use but you can put it away anywhere)

4. [quote name='"Joe342"']My da buddha literally fucks me up every night and can give you a stronger body high than smoking from bongs... from my experience anyway :smoke:

Plus the actual unit is small and does not smell at all (the whip does a little bit though after use but you can put it away anywhere)[/quote]

Mine gets me on a very high level all the time as well :smoke:

It's the only thing I use anymore. :D

Yeah, the whip and wand get kind of smelly from constant use, but a quick iso wash and it will get rid of the smell.

5. #25 Big_Bud, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    Sorry I don't mean to jack your thread but I'm going to get a vapourizer aswel and was thinking about getting the Herbal Aire H2.1 Vaporizer. Does anyone here have experience with it? If so was it good and would you recommend me buying one?

6. Oh man. I love coming back to these forums after a couple months hiatus, armed with new information.

So first off, my credentials:

I've used around half a dozen or so vaporizers(not including DIY homemade garbage) which include:
    Da Buddha
    MFLB
    Da Vinci Portable
    Extreme Q 4.0

The MFLB is a quick and dirty introduction into vaping, its where I started. However unlike most people I didn't care for the unit very much, it was very finicky, depending on how charged your battery was you had to change how you hit it. And don't even think about trying to get some random newbie to use it, they'll either waste time doing nothing or find a way to burn your trench.

The EQ 4.0 is verrry nice. I traded it for some weed about half a year ago, but I used it heavily for over a year. I loved the versatility this thing had. And also that it officially could connect to GonG bongs was a huge plus. Right now I use my current vaporizer(Da Buddha) by pushing the glass mouthpiece into my grommet bong and it provides a seal so I can still vaporbong. However that's obviously ghetto and I prefer the legit thing. :)

Da Buddha(I'm sure you can include SSV in this review, they are pretty much the same thing from what I've gathered) isn't as amazing as I thought it would be. I was all hyped up by watching Tokin Daily use it aaaallll the time, and I wanted my own unit for a long time. But after getting it I'm not nearly as sold as I used to be. Don't get me wrong this unit vaporizes anything you could need vaporized, and it does it well with amazing tasting vapor. But at the same time its much more high maintenance then any other desktop vape I've used. You need to stir it often to get the best flavor and to make sure you get a overall good quality vape. If your not careful your whole bowl(up to half a gram sometimes) can get blown back into the ceramic heating element and lose it all. The GonG joint sticks most of the time, but its also made me shit myself more then once by falling out and say swing towards a leg on my desk and it just barely misses. Other then that though, good quality vapor, more finicky to use.

And my latest vaporizer is the Da Vinci portable. I must say when I first got it I was a bit dissapointed, my bowls vaped reaaaallly quickly. I couldn't let a bowl sit half finished as it would just roast away while cooling. The battery lasts maybe an hour to an hour and fifteen if you make sure to turn it off as soon as your done, which isn't the best for a portable device imo. But once I got the initial learning curve down I actually like it a lot. I sometimes use it as my main driver for a day if I'm in the mood. As long as you finish a bowl in a whole sitting you get 6-12 hits out of a .25-.4 bowl(Really nice hits mind you), it roasts everything evenly, and it packs a wallop when you are hitting it properly.

All that aside I'd like to say that vaporizing is amazing. I definitely am not a vaporizing only user, I still love to put kief, hash, and herb in a bong and go to town. But since splitting about half n half between smoking and vaping my lungs are 95% cleaner, I no longer hack up phlegm in the morning. And my ABV I run through 91% alcohol(aka retardedly easy and cheap) and can usually get a half gram or more out of 3 washes and about a eight of abv. ABV hash is awesome, it has very nice sedative effects, but if you are careful and just take a nice, big, single rip you will have a medicinal effect for around a half hour(no pain, very heavy high).

And no matter what you do, remember that with any vaporizing unit, you're going to have around a week, to a week and a half of breaking in the device. Not that the device doesn't work immediately, but learning curve means you won't be optimally using your device for around the time mentioned.

Happy Danksgiving GC fam. :3

7. I don't know man, gotta say, your negatives are not the fault of the DBV, but rather user error. It is not very easy to blow the contents of the whip into the DBV's heating element. It takes coughing or breathing INTO the whip. Why would anyone do that? Do you breath into a bong, or a bowl? I would think not, or else the weed would blow everywhere. I have had my DBV for going on 3 years. I have had to clean the heating element 1 time. My wife, who was never a smoker, but likes vaping, accidentally coughed into it when taking a hit. 1 time, 3 years. Not really a issue whatsoever.

As far as the whip falling out, its a GoG and a little twist when you put it in the connection seals it nicely. Again, I pass this thing around a group, with it up on my desk. Never ever falls out, I can't even pull it straight out, I have to give a twist, just like when I lock it in. Hell, the whole unit is in more danger of falling over by pulling too far on the whip, then it is for the whip falling out. So lock your whip in. And even if you think it falls out when locking it in, don't keep the vape where it would be a breakable fall. Put a microfiber towel, or something soft under the DBV and keep it away from the edge of the table. Again, just user error, not product negatives.

The stirring part, well, thats just to avoid having the same spot of weed vaping and burning. No big deal to give a little stir every 3 hits to maximize use of the weed. I would hardly call stirring the bowl high maintenance. Hell, don't people still stir up their bowl and bong contents in between hits? Its just a part of the process. I look at it as a little break to allow the heating element to return to temp after 3 people sucked the heat from the thing. A little stir, a little pause, a little time to look at people who always say "Damn man, the DBV ROCKS". Then, back to vaping.

So all in all, I think 2 of your complaints are user error, and one is way too exaggerated of the effort required. I am not here to say the DBV is better than anything else out there, but going on 3 years from getting mine, I have not a single complaint, and will be using it forever. I have even kept mine turned on, and at temp, from the time I got it, except for power outages. It stays on 24/7, is always ready to vape with NO warm up time, and is running as strong as the day I got it.

So while i will not rank it over or under other vapes, because the only vapes I have used are this one, and my MFLB for when mobile, I will defend it from invalid complaints. And user error is no reason to diss a product.