Best vaporizer for snowboarding

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by B0B Marley, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Looking for a vape than can get me through a couple bowls with me nd my friends on that mountain. Preferably under 150$ and must work at high altiduteds

2. Google the lunch box I think it's called. It a vape that looks like a match box woks bomb and I think they are like 100 bucks.

3. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']Google the lunch box I think it's called. It a vape that looks like a match box woks bomb and I think they are like 100 bucks.[/quote]

I've seen the launch box I just think the batteries would only last me 2 or 3 seshes

4. You're a fucking trooper, if I was flying down a snowy mountain on a board I'd hate to be high on any level.

But it looks like you're in the market for a portable, I don't know the first damned thing about what vaporizers act like under pressure of high altitudes, but I don't imagine it'd be an issue. You have plenty of options, I'm going to recommend one of these four as most others are hit or miss.

MFLB - $80 - Maximum stealth and portability of any vaporizer, but gives very small hits. Batteries are annoying, but kinda convenient at the same time.

Da Vinci - Like $130+ - I'm going to tell you exactly what I think this is, an over glorified MFLB that gives slightly bigger hits. It has known temperature variation problems with the heating unit and doesn't stand out much. Some people still seem to like it though.

Arizer Solo - Like $130+ - Probably one of the largest portable vaporizers, you're not hiding this shit from anybody. But it is portable, and the battery life is fucking top notch. It gives pretty good hits for a portable too, the only thing I know of that compares is the PAX.

PAX - $250 - I've never used or owned one, but this thing looks god-sent. It's expensive as fuck, but it's almost as small as the MFLB and I can imagine it's pretty damned stealthy. It gives hits that are ALMOST on the level of desktops and it's fucking pocket sized. If money isn't an issue, get it.

Yeah, get one of those. There's also the PUFFit but it seemed pretty overhyped.

5. [quote name='"ClearTheTube"']You're a fucking trooper, if I was flying down a snowy mountain on a board I'd hate to be high on any level.

But it looks like you're in the market for a portable, I don't know the first damned thing about what vaporizers act like under pressure of high altitudes, but I don't imagine it'd be an issue. You have plenty of options, I'm going to recommend one of these four as most others are hit or miss.

MFLB - $80 - Maximum stealth and portability of any vaporizer, but gives very small hits. Batteries are annoying, but kinda convenient at the same time.

Da Vinci - Like $130+ - I'm going to tell you exactly what I think this is, an over glorified MFLB that gives slightly bigger hits. It has known temperature variation problems with the heating unit and doesn't stand out much. Some people still seem to like it though.

Arizer Solo - Like $130+ - Probably one of the largest portable vaporizers, you're not hiding this shit from anybody. But it is portable, and the battery life is fucking top notch. It gives pretty good hits for a portable too, the only thing I know of that compares is the PAX.

PAX - $250 - I've never used or owned one, but this thing looks god-sent. It's expensive as fuck, but it's almost as small as the MFLB and I can imagine it's pretty damned stealthy. It gives hits that are ALMOST on the level of desktops and it's fucking pocket sized. If money isn't an issue, get it.

Yeah, get one of those. There's also the PUFFit but it seemed pretty overhyped.[/quote]

Nutin better than flying down a mountain stoned with some tunes. Arizer solo looks to be ahead I would just need a place to keep it I also would be worried of I fell on the glass stem. Anyone have an opinion on the iolite wisper ?

6. The MFLB would suck balls since the charge on the batteries dies out pretty quick in the cold.

With the Solo you would need some sort of hard case to protect the stems. Don't know if its ideal for snowboarding either.

For snowboarding, nothing beats a chillum, but thats not a vape. Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion.

7. [quote name='"MR_"']The MFLB would suck balls since the charge on the batteries dies out pretty quick in the cold.

With the Solo you would need some sort of hard case to protect the stems. Don't know if its ideal for snowboarding either.

For snowboarding, nothing beats a chillum, but thats not a vape. Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion.[/quote]

Yeah the thing with the Chillin is the lighting procces.i would need something that self lites

8. #8 GoodDecisions, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Get the Solo and one of "ed's tnt" wood stems. Improves the airflow, tastes great, and wont break like glass.

That's my plan and it's going everywhere with me - snowboarding, hiking, fishing, biking, etc.

The Solo is, in my opinion, the best value portable. You can use it for vapebonging. You can buy other types of stems and use it for different purposes (stealth, flavor, airflow). It can hold enough for one person, or enough for 4. You can vape hash, kief, or even concentrates with a little herb holding it in. You have the option of 7 temperatures.

Show me another portable vape that can do all that.

9. I have ordered a vapor genie coil and waiting for a delivery. Any day now. Some point in future I might get a Wavy Handcarved Walnut or stainless steel bat

Also another interesting piece is the atmos raw.

I dont know about linking policy of these forums so you will have to google search.

10. Solo is about the size of Red Bull can but great product! 4.8/5 IMO.

MFLB not powerful enough/batteries

You'd probably want something flat or smaller - have you considered a hash oil pen vape or making glycerine tinctures?

Maybe Da Vinci for shape and good reviews. Something sturdy too.

And I know the Solo is sturdy because I dropped it off my motorcycle onto the road and all that happened was a few hard to notice Knicks mostly on the lid piece. That thing is built like a champ!

11. Y not a chillium. That is what I use. No carb. Hold it in your mouth one hand to block the wind the other to light a zippo. Zippos are a must on the slope.

12. Well obviously because he wants to vape...

I wouldn't get the solo for this situation, I've used it snowboarding alot and its not ideal. The glass stems are a pain to fill with gloves on and if you fall on it, it would hurt like hell.

I'd look into smaller portables like the pax and inhalater

13. The Iolite Wispr is one of the shittiest portable vapes on the market with a whole basket load of problems, avoid it, they even quit making them due to these problems.

That Inhalator thing Centizen was talking about seems badass, that thread he made about it kind of made me want one myself.

14. i vote pax or inhalater too for this situatuation. i just received the pax and its delivering the goods.

iolite ignition system is its main problem, it just fails too often.

15. I've had a Solo for about 4 months and thats all I use for bud now, and use it daily. It really is a good ass vape, just not sure if its ideal for snowboarding.

16. #16 GoodDecisions, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    I guess where I was going with my suggestion is that the Solo is probably the best value and can work for your needs.

Upon reconsideration, and as others have said, for snowboarding it might be less than optimal. If all you want is something that will easily slip into your pocket that you won't really have to worry about, then maybe an Inhalator INH004, Pax, or Thermovape will fit your needs the best.

17. I'm not worried about falling on it as I can keep it in my backpack. I'm gonna look into the inhalator and pax.

18. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']Solo is about the size of Red Bull can but great product! 4.8/5 IMO.

MFLB not powerful enough/batteries

You'd probably want something flat or smaller - have you considered a hash oil pen vape or making glycerine tinctures?

Maybe Da Vinci for shape and good reviews. Something sturdy too.

And I know the Solo is sturdy because I dropped it off my motorcycle onto the road and all that happened was a few hard to notice Knicks mostly on the lid piece. That thing is built like a champ![/quote]

I've heard bad things about the battery life of the davinci. I also don't have a dealer with hash, he had it once than stopped

19. [quote name='"CentiZen"']Well obviously because he wants to vape...

I wouldn't get the solo for this situation, I've used it snowboarding alot and its not ideal. The glass stems are a pain to fill with gloves on and if you fall on it, it would hurt like hell.

I'd look into smaller portables like the pax and inhalater[/quote]

Regardless of the packing procces how'd it work in the cold? On high altidute?

20. The MFLB batteries are only a pain in the ass if you dont buy spare batteries. For $30 I bought 20 rechargeable batteries from Costco and they come with plastic containers for them. Get 2 four battery chargers and just cycle your batteries. Once you learn how to pull the MFLB and how to control the temperature, you will be a master at the box.