Best Vaporizer For First Timer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by thanhdat123, Sep 30, 2011.

1. To date, 90% of my smoking has been via a bowl. However, to conserve weed and hopefully get higher - I'm considering vaporizers.

I assume that vaporizers produce the best high? Or is it just a different type of high from other methods?

I would mostly be vaping with friends - usually between two and four others. Largely indoors.

Assuming price was not an issue, what are the best vaporizers for sharing?

What works better - balloon method or hose method. Or does it matter?

Just looking for some advice/information to a new vaporizer user and a shortlist of the best vaporizers available.

2. Its all preference, you need to find what you want and your toking style. The whip/stem vapes will give the most immediate and intense hits.

Best whip/stem vapes = DA Buddha, Silver Surfer, purple days

Best Bag Vapes = Volcano, Extreme q (does bags and whip), Herbalaire

To me bag hits are too airy and I don't really like whips so I made my own vapor wand out of a hakko soldering iron and a glass bowl, similar to a Life Saber vape or a magikwand, so that I can easily vaporbong using no tubing.

If I was in your situation I would get a Silver Surfer.

3. #3 420stonedpanda, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
    I wouldn't call it 'the best' high, it's entirely subjective, I personally prefer it to the smoking high, it's lighter (don't really know how to describe it) and I find it easier and quicker to reach a plateau and stay there when I vape.

If you want a sharing vape, then 100% hands down the best is the Volcano. You really can't put a price on being able to throw a 6ft bag full of nice vapor around the room, with no worry about it breaking etc. With a whip (hose) vape, everyone would need to crowd round the little unit and the whips are usually pretty short and with a lot of them it's easy to pull the whip off the unit and spill herb every, which becomes all the more common when you're stoned. With a bag, you can all sit in chairs in opposite corners of the room and just throw it between you.

I own a Volcano Classic at the moment, and have owned an MFLB and Iolite briefly, it isn't really a great comparison but the Volcano towers over both, it is wonderfully built, i've had mine a year and a half or so now, and being used heavily daily, it has never had a problem, it works exactly the same as the day I brought it, it also doesn't need much cleaning or maintenance.
    Also, what I like about bag vapes is that you can adjust bowl size to change the type of hits you get. If i want milky bong-like rips, i'll just load up the bowl of my 'Cano to half full, whip out a 4 or 5 ft bag, turn the temp up to 7.8-8 and i'll get really thick vapor with a really good, high vapor/air ratio.
    To me, it sounds like the Volcano is your best bet if price isn't an issue, it's expensive but I don't regret spending the money at all, the only problem with it is that it's pretty loud when you're loading a bag, but it doesn't drown out music or a film and filling a bag only take a minute or so.
    Also, neither of these are bag vapes but if you don't like the look of bag vapes and the Volcano check out the Purple Days or Da Buddha, both are excellent.
    If you want a portable look at the Wispr.

Hope I could help. And yeah, most people once they start vaping never look back, I went from daily home smoker to only vaping withina couple of months. So good for your health and i've probably made the money back I spent on my Volcano already in the amount of Herb i've conserved.

EDIT: If you want to learn more about vapes check out http://www.fuckcombustion.com/

4. Bag vapes like the Volcano are certainly the easiest vapes to hit (as in requiring least skill) since you just inhale from the bag. So it's perfect for parties, where you have lots of people new to vaping and no-one is really concentrating on anything, like basic instructions.

But a non-hands-free whip vape like the Silver Surfer is great for a group around a table, since you can just get several whips for several people. Each can take a toke in turn with their own wandful, and no whip will get accidentally pulled off anything.

You just have to make sure that everyone has a basic understanding of the thing (ie don't whatever you do blow into the whip, and don't hit too gently or you can burn your herb). A few minutes experience is enough to learn most of what you need to know. So if you're, say, toking with a few regular friends around a coffee table, a Silver Surfer and a number of extra whips will work wonders.

5. Yeah but you don't want to all have to hold your own whip and load your own bud, I much prefer splitting a bowl with a friend than smoking my own weed while he smokes his.
    Also, you still all need to gather around in a small space around a small unit, instead of being able to carry/throw a bag around.
    I guess it's all subjective, i've just never liked sharing with a whip vape, although i'm still now sure which I prefer to use when alone.

6. SSV with hands free unit and their 10 or 20 foot hoses that they sell on their site.

7. If you don't mind my asking but what kind of vaporizer takes skill to hit???

8. I ordered the SSV the motherfucker better come today. I'm gonna take my first rip today off of it today...

9. Many vaporizers have a learning curve like the MFLB or vaporgenie.

10. I prefer individual bowls because it means that you don't have to choose who gets the first, and tastiest, hit (I don't like having to hit someone else's stale bowl). And this way you get the full amount and range of cannabinoids for the temperature you're vaping at. But of course you can just share a bowl if you really prefer to.

As I said, bag vapes are best for large parties, but the SSV works well for a group around a table. And the unit can be moved around easily enough - it's no heavier than a large bong, and much more stable. Plus with an extension cord, or just other power outlets, it can have whatever range you need.

11. I don't think we'll be seeing much of you for a while then. But if you can manage an update after the fact, I'd like to see it. :D

12. Not only that, but even something as straightforward to use as the SSV requires more skill (or knowledge) than a bag.

You need to know not to blow into the whip. Something which would seem ridiculous, but has been known to happen. Perhaps people aren't used to sucking on a tube, and so occasionally someone might blow, thoughlessly.

You also need to know not to draw too slowly. This increases the amount of time the air spends inside the heater cover being heated by the element, overheating the air, which will blacken or even ignite your herb.

Aside from that there isn't much else that can go wrong with the SSV. But communicating even just these two basic instructions can be too much to ask at some parties.