Best vape for me?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Bigjoshman, Jun 21, 2013.

Considering all of the delays that have occurred and considering the changes that they are now making, I would think it would be a lot longer than just a few weeks.

Obviously?    To many who are really experienced with vaporizers and who own multiple vapes including the 'Cano, it is not obvious at all, regardless how much money they have.

2. Got my ssv love it, I recommend it.
    Also have an atmos rx and rem pen. Get the rem pen if you can get the cartridges easily, the rx burns flowers

okay broskis, i'll say it for the third time. VOLCANO IS THE BEST VAPE OUT THERE. I didn't say all vapes are the same therefore i'm not ignorant, you didn't read carefully how i explained how they are very similar. Fine you guys won't take my word for it maybe you'll check out this dude who's a professional at reviewing vapes:

http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/volcano/

^^^ This dude has a whole youtube channel and website dedicated to reviewing vaporizers, he's reviewed all the top vaporizers out there. He also (like me) claims the volcano is still the best overall vape out there. He gave it 95/100 rating. Here OP i'll just list all the ratings this guy made of the vapes, there's a lot i'm just gonna post the 80+ ones

Volcano- 95/100
    Plenty- 90/100
    VapeXhale Cloud- 90/100
    SSV- 88/100
    Pax- 88/100
    Arizer solo- 85/100
    MFLB- 85/100
    Arizer Extreme-Q- 85/100
    Da Budda- 85/100
    herbal air- 83/100
    Hot Box- 80/100
    Vapir NO2- 80/100

4. I looked at a video review for the ascent it seems interesting!

So let me get this straight.   You take ONE persons opinion as gospel?   If vapecritic says so, it must be true?

Ok, let me give you another resource so that when you give an opinion, it will be based on something a helluva lot more comprehensive than just one persons opinion about vaporizers.

Go to fuckcombustion.com.   It is a site that is totally dedicated to vaporizers.   There is no other place on the internet that has as many people that own multiple vapes as that site does.   Not only that, but many of the major manufactures are there.   Not only do they visit there to answer questions, but they are also there to get ideas on how to improve their current vapes as well as getting beta testers to test out and report back any issues on new vapes that have yet to hit the market.    Manufactures that are and have been active there are Storez & Bickle (makers of the Volcano), 7th Floor, UnderDog, Purple Days, VaporBros, VaporGenie, Iolite, Arizer, Cera, etc etc etc.   DaVinci has been very active there talking about their new Ascent as well as getting input from beta testers on how to improve it (which is one of the reasons that it has been delayed.    Many of these manufactures also run contests there to win new vapes.   DaVinci has given away 3 new Ascents with these contests and the new owners of this vape, that hasn't even been released yet, are providing vids and feedback to DaVinci for final production.

NEVER, NEVER take one persons opinion and base your purchasing decision on that opinion, be it from VapeCritic or anyone, including myself, but rather go to a site where there is a plethora of knowledgeable people, both end users and manufacturers, and gather your info there so that you can make a more informed decision.  

YOU are wrong.   The Volcano is NOT the best vape on the market.   It may be the best for you, and it may be the best for VapeCritic, but that does not make it the best vape.    If that were the case, there wouldn't be people selling their 'Cano's because they like other vapes better.    There wouldn't be people who only use the 'Cano when they have a party going on.  

Personally, I hate sucking on bags to get my vapor.   Wayyyy too much surface area inside that bag for condensation to take place and the vapor begins to go stale and condense as soon as it enters the bag.    Also, the air to vapor ratio is much higher in bag vapes than either direct draw or whip based vapes that provide a much denser hit without having to turn up the temp.   Bag vapes, by their very nature don't conserve bud as well as other vapes can.   And as far as taste goes, take a very tasty first hit on the bag, lay the bag down for about 10 minutes and take another hit and tell me how it tastes, versus the second hit on a whip based vape.    There is no comparison.   But, in a party situation, a bag vape is so idiot proof, that it really is the best choice and I think it's pretty safe to say that as far as bag vapes go, the Volcano is arguably, the best.

6. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371878526.136046.jpg bongs all day and arises extreme q is the best gape for you I have one and I
    Love it

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

7. I tend to use my pax way more than my volcano. I also live with my parents. They know I smoke but like most parents they don't know about the expensive gadgets. The volcano is loud. Ive noticed my fan and tv on pretty high with my volcano in the closet makes it almost noise proof though.
    Both units put out a recognizably weed smell. If you have ozium your good. If not take a couple other precotion.
    The pax is too simple you'll find yourself going everywhere with it. So discreet and easy. If you vape with new people often it's not hard to learn and the battery gets me through most full out and about days.
    The volcano I havent had more than 3 months and I got mine super discounted. To me it's worth no morw than 300. It's fun. The high is enjoyable. But for me having to take it out of a backpack. Plug it in. Avoid the sound of the unit and bag.
    Also the whole vape to bag > bag to mouth. Is not my forte.

Both awesome high end units. Know your prioties before making such a hefty purchase and don't just go for the most expensive units.

Ps volcano is an excellent party vape. Pax is good for 1-4 people. But I've had 10+ on it and all got high off one battery charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    once again you're being ignorant and you're letting your big ego get to cause you're trying to "win" this internet argument. There's no right or wrong answer. Like my other two posts i said why volcano was the best but i had you and some other jerk just rage on me saying the volcano isn't so that's why i posted vapecritic.com to back my support also. If you actually watch his videos he literally explains every single feature of each vape and how it works and he tests it out and describes the way each one hits. So yeah, i'm gonna take his word for it it's not his opinion really when he's just stating facts about how each vape hits and works. The way he rates things is opinionated i guess you could say. I mean i've hit the SSV, volcano, MFLB, Arizer solo and they really are pretty much the same. volcano is just the easiest to use and you can get a ton of hits non stop in seconds. I could never get blasted off the MFLB cause you could only take small hits where the volcano you can take like 10-15 hits from the bag. Once again you're trying to win this little internet argument and you said something that makes no sense trying to make me look stupid. Who the hell is going to fill up a volcano bag, hit it, and then hit it again 10 minutes later? Seriously like what? Okay fine then, that's like hitting the new VapirRise and then putting your thumb over the tube and waiting 10 minutes and then hitting it again. Btw i haven't seen you even mention any other vapes which is what this thread is about, you've just been arguing with my the whole time cause i said volcano was the best overall vape regardless of money. Like seriously dude gtfo of here. I stated my opinion, backed it up, and you're still just coming at me trying to "win" this internet argument. Its not even an argument, there is no right or wrong answer, it's an opinion, don't liek it then GTFO

9. Vapercritic is an idiot... It seems like you are trying to "win" this argument more than anyone else. You were the one that posted a definitive statement from the start that is simply not true.

Direct quote from you "All vapes $200 over are pretty much the same, all vapes do is just heat up the weed so they're all the same." That is just simply ignorant. It seems like you are limited on your knowledge of vaporizers. The Cano is the best of its style of vaporizer, but not nearly the best over all vape on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 Snarky, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Come on now ladies, you are all pretty.

Asking others what vaporizer is right for YOU is like asking others what type of woman would be a good fit for you. It's subject to individual taste, and preferences. I think a better phrasing might be "What vaporizer do others prefer AND why?".

I have experience with many different styles and manufacturer of vaporizers, and let me assure you they most definitely do not all perform the same. Before I continue let me state one thing, a true vaporizer doesn't allow the heat source come in contact with the herb. If it comes in contact with the herb chances are you are burning flower, not vaporizing. A good vaporizer, separates the heat source from the material, and draws the HEATED AIR over the herbs resulting in the vaporization of the oils that contain the medication. I'm not here to argue semantics or pimp a brand of vaporizer. 

That said, here are some observations from my PERSONAL experience, not dug up from other forums or manufacturer websites or the ever popular Youtube critics.

Lets's start with the high end Volcano. A fine piece of work, no doubt about it. Contrary to stated opinions on here they DO in fact have failures on the component levels. Is it such a problem as to detract from the Volcano? In my opinion, no it does not. Just don't think that it is fool proof. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of bag vaporizers because it really changes the taste. Some people enjoy that the vapor is cooler which to me seems to make it taste a bit stale. Once again, that's my personal opinion. That said, for the cost of the unit, I wouldn't buy one simply because there are cheaper alternatives that are just as effective, and more to my personal taste. They are useful at parties, or when imbibing with a novice to the whole vaporizer scene, compared to showing them how to use a whip style vaporizer.

Which brings up the BOX STYLE vaporizers such as the Easy Vape (under $50 to your door on Ebay) or the Vapor Brothers which is a popular brand albeit a bit more costly than the generic box style vaporizers. The most critical part of these to me, is ensuring that the heating element is ceramic, not metal. The box style whip vaporizers are my personal choice for everyday, home use. Easy as falling out of bed to use, and the learning curve isn't steep at all. Combine cost, ease of use, effectiveness, and it is a good choice.

For a bit more portability you have multiple choices (what I call "felonies on wheels") such as the Magic Flight Launch Box. I like the concept, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired with that model, once again, IMHO. I bought one, used it for a week, and gave it to my caregiver in exchange for 1/2 oz of White Widow. To this day I feel I got the better end of that deal. The MFLB "chamber" is incredibly small, so you will need to vape, and reload several times to get to where you want to be. That doesn't work for me. I want to sit down and vape, not jack around with emptying, and refilling the chamber. The other big flaw with this unit is that it tends to burn the material rather than vaporize it. The screen itself heats up, and guess what sits right on that hot screen...Yep, your herb. Remember my little discussion about TRUE VAPORIZING drawing the heated air across the surface of the herb, NOT coming in contact with the herb itself? The other drawback to the MFLB is that you have NO CONTROL over the heat temp. NONE. Different strains vaporize at different temps which means you are going to be burning material sooner or later no matter how well you master using the MFLB as you only find this out by trial and error. I have done the trial, and made the error. PASS on the MFLB.

Another popular line of portable vapes is the VAPE PEN made by many different outfits (actually just a couple of places in China) that can be ordered with OEM branding of the pens if you order a large enough quantity. Need proof? Go to Alibaba.com, and peruse the vaporizers available, take note of what manufacturing facilities they state these originate from, and it will become clear. The Atmos Raw which won high praise from High Times as a product of the year is nothing more than an AGO available for under $20, and stuck an OEM brand with the Atmos label. Bottom line there isn't much difference in the pen style vaporizers. 98% of them are simply e-cigarettes OEM branded for the customer. Take a look: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/811836376/2013_new_arrival_electronic_cigarette_ago.html?s=p

A good thing about the pen style vaporizers is that with a simple atomizer change you can go from a herb unit to a concentrate unit with minimal expense, and simply screwing the different atomizer/tank onto the battery. Versatility is a good thing in my opinion. In that area the pen style vaporizers are a fairly inexpensive way to enjoy concentrates and herbs with the same unit, and low cost. Especially when compared to units such as the DaVinci, or Iolite's and the various knock offs that infest the industry. If you do a lot of concentrates I really like the V-hit http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/918447295/2013_hottest_and_most_popular_v.html?s=p which works with a standard Ego/510 battery. 

If you do a lot of concentrates you may want to get a dedicated unit such a Glow Stick or G-pen, or 710 pen. All of these are nice and stealthy, perform well, and are relatively inexpensive. 

Hope this was of some help. All things stated are a matter of my personal experience, and preferences. Good luck, and happy vaping.

• Like Like x 2
  11. alright well i'm just gonna stop then cause you guys just want to argue. I checked out fuckcombustion.com and there's a whole thread about the volcano and everyone raves about how they love it, there's actually an attachment for it now where you can attach a hose.........so yeah its not just a bag vape anymore......just sayin

12. #32 lwien, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013

Why do you keep saying things that are not true?   It is NOT true that EVERYONE in the 'Cano thread at FC raves about how they love it.    Some do, but not everyone.  

I don't think anyone in that thread has said that the Volcano is a bad vape, nor did I.   But there are many in that thread, including myself, who has stated that they like other vapes better along with many in that thread, including myself, who clearly state that the Volcano is NOT the best vape there is.

You made the same mistake when you said that the Volcano is the best vaporizer there is.    While the 'Cano may be the best vaporizer for some, and it may be for you, does not automatically mean that it is the best vaporizer there is.

This is NOT me just wanting to argue or me wanting to win a debate due to ego.   That has NOTHING to do with this.   Many people come to this site looking for valid information to make a wise purchasing decision.    My whole goal here in my conversation with you, is to give those that are in the market, an open perspective on this so that they don't think they have to spend in excess of 500 bucks to get a great vaporizer, and that in fact, they may be able to spend a whole lot less and get the best vaporizer on the market............for them.   

I will say it again.    The Volcano is NOT the best vaporizer market, but what's also true is that NO vaporizer is the best vaporizer on the market, regardless of brand.    The ONLY way that anyone can claim that one vaporizer is better than another is to qualify as to what they want from their vape:

Do they want a portable or a home unit?
    Do they want a vape to conserve bud, or a vape that will produce thick bong like rips?
    Do they want a vape to use solo or in a party situation?
    Do they want a vape with the cleanest air and vapor path, thereby providing the best taste?
    Do they want a vape with no moving parts, thereby less likely to need repair?
    Do they want a vape that is totally silent?
    Do they want a home vape that is stealthy and looks nothing like a vaporizer?

There is no vape that is best at all of the above.   Some vapes are better than others in "some" of the things mentioned above, so there's no way in hell that anyone can generally say that ANY vaporizer is the best there is (neither you nor VapeCritic)  without answering the questions above.

This whole thing started with your claim that the Volcano is the best there is, and that is totally false.

No more from me on this.   People can read this thread along with the thread over at FC and come to their own conclusion.  

13. Yeah I've got an iolite too and yes the igniters knackered, guess I'll have to try and do the same.. Just got an lb aswell really good but there def is a learning curve!

Obviously?  LOL !! :rolleyes:

15. I've used volcano's many times. I enjoy a silver surfer any day. It really isn't a comparison. For $600, you could get a Vapexhale Cloud or a Sublimator, both of which are WAY better vaporizers. 

16. how could he rate the plenty a 90!

Haha sorry dude if I insulted you, I just meant if it was me and I was only able to buy one vaporizer and money wasn't an issue, I'd choose the volcano.  To each his own tho.

18. You didn't insult me.   No need to apologize. 

I was just attempting to clarify that what may be a great choice for you, may not be an "obviously" great choice for someone else.