BEST TORCH for DABS??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Metal Bacardi, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bernz propane! Huge flame for heating skillets in a flash and super cheap to fill

2. haha sounds pretty tight, but i'm not about the gas guzzler torches :p it does look impressive though.

3. FYI, Vector has a 5 year, not lifetime warranty...and they work very well but the igniter will need replacement in a year or so. The Bed BathBeyond/BonJour Pro is just as good, maybe even hotter, use the 20% off coupon in major Sunday papers and it's less than $25 ;)

4. Ive got the Benzomatic.. been a few months now ive knocked it around pretty good to and its still going strong. Havent had one issue with it.

I forget what series but ill post a pic when i get home..

think i picked it up for $50 or $60 i forget but it gets da job done fer sure :smoke:

5. I grabbed a butane ronson from walmart for 25 that heats my pad in about 15 seconds. Goto a hardware store and find a nice solid metal tip for a propane can, that may serve you the best.

6. I was under the impression that Propane causes more harmful oxidization of Ti and that butane is safer in that respect. One reason being that propane gas causes faster oxidization of Ti, but the other reason being the ability to easily overheat Ti again causing harmful oxidization... :confused:

7. This is correct cause Propane torches burn SIGNIFICANTY hotter than butane torches :smoke:

And oxidation happens after a certain temperature n what not.

All I know is my propane nail and my butane nail look COMPLETELY fucking different lol

The propane nail is gross as fuck and has shit all over it and oxidation up the asshole

And the butane nail still looks bueno :smoke:

8. I had thought this initially, but i thought myself around it and use a propane torch when im out of butane. I seem to see some oxidation. Hmph..

Oh well, this was my first pad. Gotta learn somehow.

Vector from Bed Bath and Beyond. $30 + life time warranty. Sorry posting year late ha 

10. people get confused, vector has a 5 year warranty, but their no proof warranty means you do not have to provide a proof of purchase and therefore a date of purchase. Go Here - Vector® KGM’s Famous No Proof Warranty | VectorKGM Official Website of Vector® Lighters, Butane Gas and Cigar Accessories and you can read it for yourself.

PS: Sorry man I just saw the date of this post, too dabbed out today

11. Just bought this torch yesterday as I upgraded from a regular ti nail to a HE DualiTi Domeless and the flame on my old bernzomatic from home depot was just too small to properly heat the new nail. I picked this up with one of their 20% off coupons for like 25 and it works like a champ...Also the chick that was checking me out was like "OOOO Are you making Creme Brulee?!?! I was like Helllllllll Yeah I am

12. The reason I'm in this thread right now is because mine from BBB just died. But I will say, it lasted 3 years of light use and then about 4 months of it being the only way I smoked. I can't say that's a bad deal for a $30ish one especially if you use one of their infamous 20% off coupons.

13. My favorite one :

My connect has this one and it fires flawlessly every time. Great capacity too.

All around best one for price :

Theres a lot of this kind around the internet but I found mine at Homegoods for about 19$. It only last 6 months before the locking mechanism stopped working. Still works but the Blazer is better imo.

BONUS :

[​IMG]

This is the first torch i owned and it really is the best i ever used BUT the special canisters for it I can no longer find at Home Depot so sadly its been retired. It's a beast though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fuck it i use a bernzomatic. pretty cost effective considering some dab torches go for like 60 a piece. where you can get a starter propane torch kit for like 40 dollars, and have the refils be like 7-8 dollars which is about how much butane is anyway. Lasts way longer and has more uses like if you actually needed a real torch for whatever.

probably not recommended if you are dabbing on the go tho thats a huge torch to carry around lol

15. I've used the main budget ones (Bernzomatic and the big one from Bed Bath and Beyond) and recently upgraded to a Big Shot Blazer and it was definitely worth the investment. Holds a lot of butane, flame is huge, fires first shot every time, and don't have to hold a button down like my older one from bed bath and beyond

16. a cheap $3 blue bernzomatic from lowes.

of course you will have to purchase the igniter thingy ..but yeah

17. I use the knockoff of that from Harbor Freight. The Micro Torch for $14.

18. hi