Best time to water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jon Doe 420, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Is it better to water and feed when the lights first come on or an hour or so before the lights go off. I see pros and cons in both. Just looking for some insight or a direction to look in.
    Thanks.

2. in the morning. that way the top layer of the soil will be dry by night to prevent mold.

3. In the morning. Plants use more water during photosythesis throughout the day than they do when they kind of go into a dormant mode at night.

4. That's what I've been doing. But somebody told me to do it at night so that it wouldn't evaporate as fast and the plant will be able to use more. Then the mold thing hit me. No matter how I look at it, morning watering and feeding just seem better to me. Thanks guys for chimming in with your thoughts.
    GC kicks ass.

5. [quote name='"Jon Doe 420"']That's what I've been doing. But somebody told me to do it at night so that it wouldn't evaporate as fast and the plant will be able to use more. Then the mold thing hit me. No matter how I look at it, morning watering and feeding just seem better to me. Thanks guys for chimming in with your thoughts.
    GC kicks ass.[/quote]

Always water with at least 5 hours of lights on left.

SignSmoker

6. The mornings best to water, they don't drink through the night so like thatguy said it will help prevent mold.:)