Best time to Transplant? Day or Night?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chemists, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Whats up guys,
    I got some pretty well established plants right now that just arent getting enough sunlight... i got a few more weeks of veg here in NE and im gonna transplant them to a spot where thyell get more light... does day or night matter when transplanting? The plants are about 2 and a half feet tall (only)...http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-...know-what-you-think-these-8.html#post11339527 that is the thread theyre in ( the 3 bunched together). Water the hell out of em after transplanting... any other advice?

2. hi, i always transplant in the evening so the plants don't get blown to pieces here and so they don't get stressed by the sun first thing. i made some wind blocks out of some metal roofing material to protect my tomatoes from the wind or they would have had all the limbs knocked off. with my p plants, i put them out when they are just 2" high or so and plant them deep, like tomatoes. actually, anything tomatoes like marijuana is happy with. j

3. Transplant at night time to reduce the chances of mold, also helps to prevent slugs if you water in the morning.

4. Also water before you transplant so the rootball is moist cos if its too dry could cause shock to the roots. And its much easier to remove the plant if the rootball is wet.

5. I don't know,

but when I transplanted in the morning, I did it indoors (Sat. am), left them in doors with some indirect sunlight for the remainder of the day and night and put them outside in a shady area receiving no direct sun light for another day (Sun.) and then I moved them to their sunny spot on the following morning (Mon.) but took them out of the direct sunlight in the early afternoon. It was a hot intense day. Same thing for Tues.

I also washed the roots with 3% peroxide solution in water just in case their was some root rot in the root ball. I don't know if this was good, bad, or neither.

I added some B1 and root enhancement nutrients for the first week without adding any veg or bloom nutrients in the hopes that I can jump start the roots and avoid shock. Again, I don't know if this was good or bad.