Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Strains for vein pain/Blood Clots?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rossiman78, Sep 12, 2013.

1. #1 Rossiman78, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    Hey guys, long time lurker but a new poster. Have a few questions for yall. I have chronic pain/on disability from chronic DVT's and blood clots. I have two clotting disorders and will be on blood thinners for life. I currently take 5 Perc 10/325's and 3 Oxycontin 20's a day. Was on a way higher dose but have been tapering down. Would ultimately like to get off pain meds or only take the percs when needed. However, currently I'm in more pain than ever. My vascular surgeon recommended medical marijuana. He's had several patients swear by it and said it'd help cause it expands/opens the veins (something I need bad). I have one of the worst cases he's ever seen. Before I go and have him sign off on my med recommendation id like to ask a few questions.
    First off what are the best strains for pain relief? Obviously it's going to be a Indica or Hybrid-Indica dominant. Many of the dispensaries here in WA carry Chemdawg 4 which I've heard is one of if not the best for pain. I've also heard good reviews of Purple Arrow, Bubba Kush and Permafrost aswell. A local dispensary has all the above mentioned which would be nice to get all at once place... What's the best for my type of pain though?
    Secondly, I'm prone to anxiety and panic attacks. I take Celexa and Xanax. I have some anxiety still but I've learned to cope with it for the most part. However, one of the reasons I stopped smoking is i would get terrible anxiety attacks. I've heard that Indicas are the way to go because there more of a body high than a mind high and they have a higher CBD than Sativas which help to prevent anxiety. Is this accurate? Which strains are good to help anxiety or will the above mentioned strains for pain help aswell?
    Thirdly, one of the reasons I hate opiates is how tired it makes me. Indicas tend to do the same thing... What would be a good day time strain to smoke for pain relief that wouldn't make me as tired? Got school coming up. Need to be awake.... Also, keep in mind I don't wanna get panic attacks; so maybe something that calms the mind aswell... Maybe a high CBD strain.
    Since I haven't smoked in about 2 years I'm assuming top shelf dispensary weed is going to knock me flat on my ass... I plan on taking only 1-2 hits to alleviate this. I'm sure the first few times I'm going to panic and that's one of the biggest reasons I haven't smoked yet. (I have a few cookies, candy, CBD bars, etc) and have had for weeks. Just nervous that I'll panic lol. I'm just going to have to deal with it until my tolerance builds I guess. I know I'm not going to die...
    I'd love to get off all my meds and just use MMJ. I'd appreciate any and all help I can get.
    Oh, Also, does anyone here use or know anyone that has used marijuana for vein type pain? How's it work?

Thanks, Rossi.

2. My advice would be to take a high CBD strain. Maybe one with 1:1 of THC:CBD. If you have access to a dispensary then look for a strain with levels around that. For overall relief from everything you said, maybe a 50/50 hybrid. That way it won't make you sleepy. The sativa in there would help control your anxiety. The best part is the CBD will relax your blood vessels which may help with your condition. If you cannot find such a strain, maybe order a pack of CBD Crew seeds. I get the same anxiety/paranoia from high THC strains and this works fantastic for pain while keeping you more relaxed. Hope this helped a bit. I'm sure others will chime in with better advice. Hang in there and stay positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. Appreciate the help. I live in WA state so I have no shortage of good weed and dispensaries. I just picked up a ounce of Bubba Kush from a grower buddy of mine for 130. I heard it's good for pain relief while not being overpowering as well. I'll start off with this until I get a tolerance and then get some top shelf weed, not that this isn't!
    I'm trying to find some high CBD strains and when I do I'll get some. Appreciate the help, keep it coming!
    Thanks Rossi.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2