Best stoner band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tehpottestmofi0, May 23, 2004.

?

Best stoner band?

1. Beatles!!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. im stupid and have no life(not the beatles)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i dont listen to music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. -Old Kottonmouth Kings (fucking best ever I would have to say!)
    -Cypress Hill

Different rap songs (becuz of the beats, not lyrics) or Extreme Metal (ie: Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Melodic Hardcore, Melodic Death Metal) [have you heard that shit fucking ripped off your mind? it is fucking insane!]

2. queens of the stone age
    a perfect circle
    wu tang clan
    bone thugs n harmony
    cypress hill
    pink floyd
    rush
    alice in chains

and so much more..

3. RADIOHEAD...they smoke a ton, and Kid A = one of the best albums to get stoned to
    phish
    floyd
    jimi
    the dead
    moe.
    keller
    sci
    yonder
    galactic
    karl denson's tiny universe

jambands really...they all love ganj and it shows in the music

4. I like chilling and listening to metal. I like the way it sounds, the awesome guitar riffs, killer solos and being a drummer, I especially enjoy the fast beats. Dont get me wrong, I love listening to my classic rock, but I do enjoy more than 1 type of music.

And the beatles are overrated. They're ok, but there's much better bands out there.

5. i wouldnt say Zepplin is true metal, but it definatly was the first band to dip their feet in the water of that genre. Other bands took it from there, but Page is fucking amazing no matter what type hes playing

6. there is no best stoner band...the beatles came around just about when the dead did in the mid 60's and they were both a hit...then along came hendrix who was way past his time and was brilliant and or course zeppelin who couldn't continue sharing their music cause of the accident..and then in the 80s phish came and picked up and when jerry died and the dead finished they took the reigns in a way and unfortunetly are now ending...but there is no single greatest stoner band

7. The number one is BOB MARLEY....easy , he's tha numba one....but some other good ones are- Jimi Hendrix, Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill & Sublime...definitly

8. THE DOORS

9. Why is everyone dising on everyone? Who cares...you arent going to change each others minds. everyone is an individual and will listen to whatever the fuck they want. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink (mine included). Music is something that brings everyone together, it shouldn't be tearing us apart. It's kinda like weed, it brings you together with people who you never would have thought you would hang out with. Music is the same way.

10. Pink Floyd
    Bob Marley
    CSN
    Clapton
    Dylan
    Zeppelin
    Allman Brothers
    Hendrix
    King Crimson
    Roger Waters
    The Doors
    Tom Petty
    The Who
    Bruce Springsteen
    Neil Young
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Kansas
    Grateful Dead
    Doobie Brothers
    Yardbirds
    James Taylor
    Aerosmith
    Steve Miller band
    (edit)I forgot The Beatles

There's more to classic rock than just Zeppelin and Floyd.

11. Man.....I don't care what anyone says....I love listening to peter frampton

and blue oyster cult
    and foghat
    and bob marley
    and pink floyd
    and coldplay
    and ohhhhhhh dude!!!!!

one of my favorite songs stoned is pearl jam playing "sittin on the dock of the bay" live...it kicks royal ass!!!

oh yeah pearl jam

hey did anyone else see that SNL where Will Ferrel was in Blue Oyster Cult playing the cow bell
    I gotta have more cow bell!!

hahahaha that was funny shit!

12. One of the best bands to listen to is the Red Hot Chilli Peppers...anyone else down with the peppers?

13. i would have to agree the peppers are awesome to jam when stoned but also:
    Zep,
    doors,
    Godsmack,
    allman bros,
    metallica,
    way too many tunes are great when baked! i jus love tunes!!need em want em jus cant live without em lol
    toke on :smoke:

14. A friend of mine got me a killer bootleg of Phish doing the entire "Dark Side of the Moon" album. They do one hell of a job on it.

15. Queens of the stone age is my favorite band to listen to high and just whenever, they also just happen to do a lot of acid and shrooms (espically on "the desert sessions") and if you havent heard much of their stuff download "monsters in the parasol" its great or just buy their albums they are awsome. and they are rock so yeah if you dont like rock i doubt you will like them.

edit: or download "feel good hit of the summer" the lyrics are "Nicotine, valium, vicodinMarijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol. Cocaine"
    lol great stuff

16. beatles are aight. . .that number 9 song is fucking out of this world, man i tripped so hard listening to that. . .

but pink floyd is my favorite. You just cant argue with that