BEST SOIL FOR SEEDLINGS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by God808, Aug 31, 2019.

1. What is the best soil for my seedlings, I put my 2 in miracle gro potting soil mixed with 30% perlite in a 1 gallon pot after they were germinated using rapid rooters and a humidity dome kit. I’ve heard that FFOF which is what I am going to use for veg and flower is to “hot” for seedlings. I also am looking for a soil that I don’t have to make myself other than mixing perlite or maybe peat moss in.

2. Fox farms happy frog is great for seedlings and early veg because it isn’t as hot as ocean forest. Roots organic would be my second choice. Ocean forest can be used for seedlings. While it is a bit hot I have yet to have it kill a seedling. Typically it just burns the tips on n a set or two of leaves and by then the plant is big enough to get the benefit of the hotter soil. Personally I would avoid anything miracle grow. It has killed many more seedlings than ocean forest.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you I will try happy frog.

4. I was Capt fox. Never had that issue. If u are worried than get happy frog. If not use lots of PERLITE. I even fed after week 1. I also did slurries and found that my plants were hungry going by feeding chart

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple 20190827_051942.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. So that's how to grow with bottled nutes and know ur plants are happy! U will need Calmag during flower! Now I use nectar for the gods and Mammoth p. I like loud weed

• Like Like x 1
  7. I planted in ffof without PERLITE for 3 years in 115 deg weather before I got on here

• Like Like x 1
  8. The miracle grow seed starter looks like it would be a softer soil to germ in! But weed is tuff!

• Like Like x 1