Best size grow tent???

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SoloG97, Oct 29, 2016.

1. What would be the ideal size grow tent in dimensions for 2 plants? I will be purchasing a grow tent for my closet to replace what I have already... my max height would be 58 inches... and best lighting?? Can anyone help?? Please. Before I go blowing money...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 2x4x5.5 feet I d go with LEDs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks

4. I grow 1 to 2 plants in my 2x4s. I have 600 watt mh/hps lamps and I also have leds. 2 lights are better then 1 for this size and shape tent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was thinking to use a HPS . But I don't want to run up the electric bill... and i found them to be so expensive with the ballast and bulbs.. then to switch from MH then HPS.. seems like a lot.. would I get the same yield from LEDs and a few cfls??

6. #6 killset, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Leds and hps cost the same to run for comparible lights. A watt is a watt. Don't fall for leds bs like I did, thinking they save money. They're not. It's different everywhere but I hardly even notice a 600 on my bill.

Switching from mh to hps seems like alot??? Lol..all you do is switch a light bulb once every couple months. Maybe 30 seconds 3or 4 times a year. I honestly hope you don't think that's alot to handle or the rest of growing is going to be way too much and you might as well quit now. Rather a comparible led and a few cfls will yeild more is totally grower dependent. My hps blows my leds out of the water for yeild and density of the bud. Cool hoods or tubes are highly recommended for tent growing. A good led has a much higher start up cost. Maybe run both like I do, best of both worlds

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was saying in terms of cost. Switching out.. as long as I can get through one grow with one each then my yield will make it worth the money... i appreciate your help man!! Thanks..

8. I recommend the Apollo 4ftx2ftx5ft tent, its about $80 on amazon and works great. I just bought their bigger one 4x4x7 but I am growing more than 2 plants. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  9. What cost? the bulbs? an entire hid set up with Ballast hood and both bulbs can be picked up fairly cheap. a good led is more expensive to purchase.

10. Well i plan on getting a grow tent maybe 2x2x5 would i be wasting my time and money on a 150 watt hps ??? Maybe I'll throw in a few cfls for side lighting... im stuck between growing one plant vs two... i have some afghani delicious fem seeds coming.. I dont want to go into this without being properly prepared... what do you think??? I don't want my bill to be high as it may raise some red flags in a state that's not allowed ...

11. I wouldn't grow 2 in that small of a tent. all my plants have atleast a 2x2 area to grow in each. 1 plant and a 150 or even bump up to a 250 would be fine.

Neither light costs much to run. even if you had a couple thousand watts no red flag would be raised

12. 3x3 always been good to me.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk