Best route for largest yeilds? Everyone!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by fatalityx101x, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys new to grasscity not new to growing. Any ways
    just for my own piece of mind what do you all think is the best rout for heavy yields at decent price, with the least amount of plants. Ive been looking into dwc bubble bucket on a recirculation. I want quality though. Trust me I've been reading all over the site. Ive had experience doing dirt grows, Ive been read about hydro for a while now and just want your personal thoughts on the subject.
    All input is appreciated.

2. Nutrients boosters as well.

3. DWC bubble tubs with top feed that's my baby it's great quality and You know quantity depends on light And nutrients not much room for error but once you get your system down its like a puppy mill for plants

4. Can you explain the top feed? I know how a recirculating bucket runs but what do u mean by top feed?
    the res on recirculation setup is how the nutes are put in right?

5. what would be a good base for starting dwc nutes

6. Top feed is where you have the basic DWC and a pump inside the res with a manafold for how ever many sites you have putting water on top and it runs down so you have your roots in the res pulling up water and have water being fed from the top as well general hydroponics line is a really good place to start for nutrients

7. I have had great success with flood tables. Simple easy to run. Ebb and Flo for you guys who don't know what a flood table is. Large white tray gets flooded and drained 4 times a day for 15 mins with nutrient solution held under the table in res. Easy.

8. Oh yeah I have a buddy who floods I just don't have the room and I don't really need the quantity for a table I only need to harvest 4 plants a month sometimes I'm off and have to buy but mostly it gets me through those tables are a very good choice as well the ones I've seen have a foam top that the cups sit in and it goes up and down with the cycle or I think you can use just clay and rock wool

9. [quote name='"Freeborn"']Oh yeah I have a buddy who floods I just don't have the room and I don't really need the quantity for a table I only need to harvest 4 plants a month sometimes I'm off and have to buy but mostly it gets me through those tables are a very good choice as well the ones I've seen have a foam top that the cups sit in and it goes up and down with the cycle or I think you can use just clay and rock wool[/quote]

I'd still get a flood table, you can make a really cheap and small one from HEB storage containers(make sure they're not clear!!!). It'll make your life easier just being able to move around pots in a tray rather than an entire single plant systems for each plant

Good luck and happy growin'

10. HEB you must be in Texas that would be nice to have to Option to move plants around I have 4 plants per system so it's around 100 bucks for the whole set up tub pump air pump air stone hoses well more like 60 bucks

11. Hydro is great for yields in all forms (bubble buckets, NFT, aero, etc) - you really don't need all those extra supplements, you just need the basic nutrients and the right environment (temps, light, humidity, etc).

I ran bubble buckets initially and it really doesn't get much easier than that for yields.

If you're looking for that yield with as little plants as possible, though, then I believe scrog would be the best training method. Just keep in mind that less plants to make the yield will require more veg time - fortunately hydro grows quite fast so it won't be too long depending on how many plants you run.

12. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']Hydro is great for yields in all forms (bubble buckets, NFT, aero, etc) - you really don't need all those extra supplements, you just need the basic nutrients and the right environment (temps, light, humidity, etc).

I ran bubble buckets initially and it really doesn't get much easier than that for yields.

If you're looking for that yield with as little plants as possible, though, then I believe scrog would be the best training method. Just keep in mind that less plants to make the yield will require more veg time - fortunately hydro grows quite fast so it won't be too long depending on how many plants you run.[/quote]

Agree...get the basics in a hydro system down and you should be good if your environment is constant