Best Remedy for Sleeplessness

Discussion in 'General' started by elfman5150, Nov 11, 2010.

1. I realize that there are many threads concerning this issue, but I wanted to create a new one after discovering the best cure that I have discovered. Two nights ago was the 7th day or so of me of terrible sleeping; I would wake up multiple times, get RLS (restless leg syndrome - if youve never had it consider yourself lucky), and my mind kept racing. I tried smoking before bed which helps if you have some strong indica, but I have sativa at the moment and that didn't work (much). I decided to try another approach
    1.) Magnesium-
    I bought a bottle off amazon for really cheap and take 2 every day. It really does help your muscles to relax, but it doesn't really do much for a racing mind or anything else mental. If you have RLS, I highly recommend taking magnesium.
    2.) Chamomile Tea! -
    I tried this for the first time last night. I just heated some water to a boil, poured it into the mug and drank it without adding anything else. I felt better immediately! After about 5 minutes I noticed I wasn't thinking about thinking anymore; my mind was starting to rest. After about 15 minutes, I felt my body relax even more as well. Within 30 minutes, I found that I really wanted to go to bed, and did...at 10:30! That's 2 hours or so earlier than usual. I fell asleep fast, and stayed asleep until around 3 when I woke up to use the bathroom. I fell asleep again quickly, and woke around 8 to start my day.

I hope that this information helps anyone who is struggling with sleeplessness/insomnia. I know that it is one of the worst feelings in your world knowing that we are in control of our mind, yet have really no power when trying to shut it off. One more suggestion I have is meditation. It calms the mind if you have something specific to focus on. I usually focus on my breathing.
    Best of luck to everyone here at grasscity, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions, or if this helped in any way.
    Keep tokin friends:wave:

2. Yeah, I really love chamomile tea...I find when you combine it with weed, its a pretty strong antidepressant too.. Well, that may be the wrong word.. but, if you have had a stressful day, a cup of that with some good weed can really make you relax and kind of forget your worries.

I have a sleeping problem a lot too, It sounds really bad.. but what I do is just stay up all night one night, then go to bed hella early the next day... that sometimes resets my sleep schedule.

3. poppin 2 or 3 benadryll usually does the trick for me. or weed of course

4. Red red wine.

5. I have RLS/PLMD but I get medication for it that keeps me from waking up in the middle of the night.