Best plants for security

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by marrymemary, Jan 20, 2013.

1. What's up everyone,
    I was out searching around today for my new coming grow this summer and found a great spot. It is pretty close to a water source and will have some great sunlight exposure if I knock down a couple trees. Throughout my time being a member on gc, I have seen posts on planting a specific type of plant around grow ops for maximum security. Come springtime, what would be the best thing to plant? Thanks

2. Id say an indica strain because they tend to be shorter in height and more bushy than a sativa. Not sure on any specific strains tho

3. thorn bushes or some sort of really horrid smelling plant. or venus fly traps there the only plant that photosynthesizes and digests

ask yourself.... what plants would i avoid?

4. I recommend that you do not cut trees down. If you must, go to great lengths to make it look natural.

An alternative is to bore a small hole into the tree, and funnel in some roundup (do this right before the tree begins to grow leaves). Be cautious if you are planting in the ground, as roundup takes about 15 days to break down, and can be carried by rain to kill other plants. Get the full strength stuff for for this job, and don't dilute with water.

5. Focus on planting your mj in a way that appears natural amongst existing vegetation rather than planting more plants that may seem out of place and unnatural to the area.

Don't plant uniformly, spread out the grow. A few plants here a few over there.

6. make sure you trim and bend it so its bushy and short and not tall and bushy.

7. You could alway LST the plants. This way the hug the ground.

8. [quote name='"p51mustang23"']I recommend that you do not cut trees down. If you must, go to great lengths to make it look natural.

An alternative is to bore a small hole into the tree, and funnel in some roundup (do this right before the tree begins to grow leaves). Be cautious if you are planting in the ground, as roundup takes about 15 days to break down, and can be carried by rain to kill other plants. Get the full strength stuff for for this job, and don't dilute with water.[/quote]

[quote name='"nissification42"']Focus on planting your mj in a way that appears natural amongst existing vegetation rather than planting more plants that may seem out of place and unnatural to the area.

Don't plant uniformly, spread out the grow. A few plants here a few over there.[/quote]

I'm going to be fencing in my grow though like I did last year to prevent out animals so if someone gets to my grow, they see it; however, I'm trying to avoid that to the best possible situation by planting some other type of plant around the surroundings of the grow so that it won't be obvious in the middle of a forest. I just don't know any common types of plants for this

9. This. Your mj plants would outgrow the other ones in a month.

10. Use ever greens to help your plant blend in in the fall. Helicopter cops say pot plants are easeir to spot because there so much greener than other plants when the leaves start to fall.