Best place to exhaust grow tent in house

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by grainypeltgirl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. I have a house so I am able to do most things without permission but I am seeing so many things on what is the best way to vent exhaust from the tent. I am getting at the most 83 degree temps and when I walk in to the room it is warm. right now just exhausting into the same room as the tent. Cooled hood with tent closed 400 watt mh and fan is blowing it near the door with it open for now.

I see some people go in the attic I am not sure I want to do that for mold, was thinking of a soffit vent but I see that can do the same as the way the venting works it will just draw it back up.

Could having it vent up near the ridge vent be ok? seems would be hot air so it would be going up but not sure if that is the same as just venting to the attic itself. I am in the south near mexico so it doesnt get too hot and right now it is nice outside around 50-60

I have a window I can vent to but not sure exactly what is the best way to do that if that is the best way to go. Could use like a window fan to bring in air or to vent out the hot air? use some steatlhy setup? this faces the front of the house though 2 story so it cant look DIY i needs to either look not different or not seen as something out of the ordinary.,

Thanks ahead of time!

2. If ur ventalation has a carbon filter juat get a window fan that has the two fans built I believe you can have both blow/suck or mix and match otherwise let them just suck that hot air all day long

3. Typically ridge vents are paired with soffit vents allowing cooler air to be pulled through as warmer air escapes through the ridge vent. If this is the case in your situation then I don't think having an exhaust duct that terminates just below the ridge would cause you troubles with mold etc.

4. I have 8 inch vents running out of my grow room. But, for most people i suggest running it through your attic if it is close to your room.