Best Organic Flowering Fert

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by applecast, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Hello all,

I am planning on growing outdoors a lot starting this spring, and was wondering, what do you guys think is the best organic fertilizer to use for flowering?
    Should I just start building a compost?
    I would be starting them off in peat moss and perlite in pots indoors, then transplanting to the ground with a mix of topsoil, peat moss, perlite, and probably some vermiculite, since the area is going to be a bit dry during the summer months.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    +rep to anyone with a good answer.
    Thanks.

2. best bet is to build the soil with all the amendments than all you have to do is water basically and give it a shot of bloom nutrients during mid-flower. IMO I would just use botanicare it is standalone and doesn't need anything else and works great even outdoors. I nursed a sickly sativa that was 3 feet back to health with botanicare and some decent soil. But after a couple weeks it wasn't looking like a sativa anymore it was lush dark green and the leaves became much thicker in width so it was a sickly Indica that looked like a sativa all light green and skinny leaves due to growing in a basement window in a bucket with no drainage.

3. I like Alaska's MorBloom 0-10-10. Cheap, and you can get it at ACE hardware.

4. Hi,

You can grow Bocking 14 Russian comfrey for N and K (use all along). Takes about 3 months to grow.
    I bought some high P liquid bat guano for flowering. Nettles for veg.
    You can build a worm castings bin if you want an excellent tea and soil amendment (quicker than compost: 1 year). Do i get the + rep? :p

5. I'm using a combo mix, my mix consists of (per 5 gallons):

2.5 tbsp Budswel (0-7-0) <--bat guano/seabird guano powder
    1.25 tbsp Earth Juice Meta-K (0-0-10)
    1 cup earthworm castings
    2 drops of Superthrive (every other watering)

That mix is at 25% strength, all organic, and can be bumped up to 50% after a month or so of flowering or if you feel your plants can handle it. You can find those ferts online at many places and in some hydro stores/nurseries.

6. good to see someone else from madtown growing this summer, as i will be too.

im thinkin about just going with some FFOF for top soil and using FF nutes during growth and see how that goes. i was successful last year growing some decent dank in just ground soil with nutes during flowering so im expecting some bomb this summer.

7. Some of my Comfrey plants appeared NOT to have survived the winter. Only 4 are actually putting up new growth so far. So I have ordered some more roots from the UK. If they go in by the end of March that will be brilliant - I have 3 bottles of juice left over from ´08.

8. pureblend pro is great

9. Pure Blend Pro, while mostly organic, isn't completely organic. You'll have to go with just Pure Blend if you want 100% organic, while going with botanicare nutes. Pure Blend Pro has failed to meet OMRI standards due to the use of chemical salt compounds.

With that said, Pure Blend Pro is a great nute, and is 90%+ organic. They must add the chem salts so it can be viable in a hydroponic setup.

-America

10. With that said, Pure Blend Pro is a great nute, and is 90%+ organic. They must add the chem salts so it can be viable in a hydroponic setup.

-America[/quote]

Wouldn't the salts kill microrganisms in the soil?

Earth Juice Bloom is 100% organic and compatible with hydro systems.......