Best nutrients for Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by f0rmula_2001, Mar 3, 2007.

1. I think thiscould help a lot of new growers. I hope some of the more experienced people can help. I am looking for a good, simple, not to pricey organic nutrient set. I look at all of the different ones and they seem pretty intimidating. What things can i get by without? what things are a must? any direction would be great. thanks

2. go on google and look up fox farms they have a really good three pack thats good for a first time grower

big grow
    tiger bloom
    big bloom

are the three names i think

3. foxfarms is as good as it gets. the three pack is around $45. also another good one is Peruvian Seabird Guano (10-15-10, i think) from Sunleaves. this is a very good all-around fert that you can use in veg and flower. one 1 pound bag of this is about $12, and it'll last you a few grows.

4. Fox Farm cant hold a candle to Advanced Nutrients. They actually test their products on weed plants, and refine them to fit the needs of an mj plant. Fox Farm tests theirs on tomatos, cucumbers and shit. All you need is Iguana Juice Grow and Bloom.

5. I live here in Humboldt county where FoxFarms is made. You have no idea what they test the stuff on :smoking:.
    Have you done actual side by side testing of advanced vs foxfarm?
    I have. Used as directed, not really any difference!

6. ive just ordered Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B. anyone got any experience using this? used canna in the past which is simple and effective, how should this compare?

cheers guys

7. A&B works great!!! Good choice. As for iguana juice I had problems with that (mag. diffencey) But that's just me. Now I use an organic -chem. combo on the plants.I use advanced nutrients Part A&b, AN sweetleaf, AN Organic B.

8. I'm trying to figure out the whole nutrient thing as well, and both Fox Farms and Advanced Nutrients have been coming up a lot in the posts.

As a newbie that will probably not have the whole grow process down until after I do it once or twice, the nutrient part feels a little bit overwhelming.

Both sites have feeding schedules available, and both confuse me. The Advanced site has a calculator, the first option being "Nutrient Base", which one does best for growing marijuana? After I select that option, the nutrients at the bottom change, what the heck are those? Are they supplements to the nutrient base? Do I have to read up on what all of these do? The amounts of the nutrients given are by week, so I assume I would have to split out that amount over a week of feedings, right? And when do they consider week 1 to be? After flowering?

Fox Farm's schedule seems to be a bit more basic, but is it accurate for marijuana?

How much total nutrients would a first timer need through a grow with, say, 8 SOG-grown plants?

9. Stick with advanced nutrients(can't stress this enough) they test on real cannabis plants. Grow and bloom part a&b (I think they call it 2 part formula) is best for main nutes (that's really all you need). They also make alot of supplements, for my grow I use part a&b, Sweetleaf, organic B,. I feed every watering. 600 ppm for seedlings from sprout to 6" tall then for my flowers I use 1000 ppm (from 6" to 15-18"). The calculations on AN calculator are too high for me.Tell me how big you want your plants and I can give you ppm advice with advanced nutrients. And order the 1 liter size that will be enough to last a year. The reason they seperate a&b is because nutrient levels change and feed off each other when in a 1 part formula. Dont forget you will need a plastic syringe w/ ml measurments for proper dosing. You can get those at walmart in the pharmacy section(they're used for dosing meds for babys). Hydro Empire has the best prices on the net for AN products that i've found. Just remember you don't need all of the supplements but they do help alot.

10. Thanks for the insight, I'm trying my best to keep things simple, your nutrient schedule seems less like the rocket science on the nutrient sites at this point. My plants cannot get above 3 feet tall I believe (I've got a six foot high chamber and still need to work that out before I start...one step at a time).

I'm extremely interested in using organic products, if not for the first few grows then future ones, do you have experience using other organic products other than organic b? Also, is it more difficult using organic nutrients? What is the verdict on their Carbo Load?

11. I forgot that I use carboload too. It's a nice product. I heard it makes the buds swell during the 6-8th week of flowering. I've used AN igunna juice before but had problems with it. You may need to talk to somebody who has had good luck with it and see how they used it. I personaly don't like organic base nutes. When I used AN grow/bloom iguana juice I got nutreint lock up from over acidic soil. I've use AN sensizym in the past with good results. I just can't afford to buy all of there suppliments so I stick to just a few. Like I also use Taratuna (Bacteria) and Piranha (fungi), they are supposed to feed off any extra food the plant doesn't eat and give you a larger root mass. I use these when the soil is new, like when planting or transplanting. Hope this helps.

12. a bit off topic, but does anyone know the shelf-life of these types of nutes.

13. Yes I used it and it was really good I also have bloom a and b I have NEVER had a bad experiance with any A.N. product other than when you buy it it plainly puts a billboard on your head that says "I GROW MJ"

14. IF YOU ARE NEW TO GROWING-You have to do your research and at least have a basic understanding on whats going on with nutes. I place mine in 3 groups MACRO, secondary, micro...some people just say macro n micro nutes but if you break them down and know what each one is and does you will already answer 99% of the questions you will be asking before you even ask them. Yes I know reading actually does suck but if you will put forth just a teeny itsy bitsy tiny bit of effort your work will be well rewarded. I think the cannibas bible actually tells you what each one is and does(not sure someone verify)I learned alot from Ed rosenthol's(I think thats how you spell it) books .The books are pricey but knowledge is expensive no matter how you gain it.If you wanna be a cheap ass just go to Barnes n Noble n read the books there.I wish someone had a nute breakdown as a sticky on here maybe I should do that.As for the BEST thing A.N makes it has to be VOODOO juice hands down...it is a bit pricey and needs to be used with pirrannah and tarantula and carbo load but the results are awesome. I also use micro , sensi-zym(really good) and with the tarantula and pirrana you can mix them up and use them as a foiliar spray.I have never used the B vite's they (organic B,B-52..ect)have but they are in my scope just to have them. I cannot stress how much you gotta do your reading on nutes or you are wasteing not only time but money. I have read nothing but good things about fox farms also but I have never used them...I have a friend that does and he has good results but not as good as mine BUT i cant base it on the nutes cause he dont give a fuck about his plants ...Its grow or die with him.

15. Im gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that one. I havent tested them side by side, but I have used the two on successive grows under the exact same conditions. The Fox Farm grow was from seed and the Advanced grow was a clone of the Fox Farm plant. Not only did my Advanced Nutrients plant yield nearly twice as much, the buds were more potent, more fragrant, and much stickier.

How much did you feed your plants the iguana juice?? I use a pretty heavy feeding schedule with mine and I have never had any problems at all. I dont understand how simply using Iguana Juice could make your soil too acidic, especially when your using carboload with it which dramatically raises the pH. Did you ever check the pH of your nute solution before you feed them? Everytime I check my solution with Iguana Juice and Carboload the pH is up near 8 and I have to add a bunch of pH reducer to lower it.

16. I think he is new, ok if you use 3 stage ferts. You better know how to watch your schedule. I've been using dutch nurtient formula its half strength and is simple as tieing your shoe. The buds taste great, and the product is cheap. Its $15 for a 130g container. And this will last you a yr or more. Well good luck trying to find your juice lol later.