Best nutrients for noobie coco coir grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dsourman, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Plants look like they need more light and I'm not sure what your question is but if your asking for good nutes I say go with canna.

2. Yes, you are right, I need more lights and am picking some up tomorrow.
    I am looking for help with creating a nutrient regimen for my new coco coir grow. I have 4 sour diesel, in 3 gallon pots of coco and perlite. I have been having a hard time with nutrients and hydro. I need suggestions for nutrients that are close to idiot proof. Please and thank you.

3. Yeah I'm on my first grow, I'm using straight canna coco with their canna coco A&B mix plus all the additives, i have not had any problems so far so I would recommend using them also.

4. #6 ForbinsAscent, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    or you can get all the boxed nutrients you'd need rather than chemically-designed liquid fertilisers. It will last you twice as long and cost half of what the Canna line does, leaving you spare change for your coco, pumice, EWC and whatever else you'd need to plant in. examples of organic plant meals: bone, fish, alfalfa, kelp, neem, crustacean. You can also use a bit of guanos (i prefer high P) they are hot so go easy.

the last time I was at the hydro store, I was already up a grand in equipment when the store employee said the best nutrient he recommends is the canna coco line. I am sure it is a wonderful nutrient with wonderful results. But planting in organic coco and going ''water only" most the way was just more appealing to me than spending 200+$ on several gallons of nutrient.

if you're going to drop some $$$, upgrade that light. i use a 400w pulse start 3k with phantom ballast. it has a kick your cfl's wont give.