Best Movie Script Idea

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by OEF, May 6, 2012.

1. What is your best idea for a movie?

I've been travelling your country (USA) for a couple of months now, and have had som rather life changing experiences.

Before my trip I had an illusion of our countries not being that different in context of, not only way of living, but also mindset. I couldn't have been more wrong.

It seems to me most Americans are like sheep with the goverment and the richest few as their sheperd, doing as they are told - walking on green stoping on red.

I don't mean to be insulting, just to provoke a discussion. But, to me, it is amazing and quite incomprehensible, how people in a country where over 2 million people are in prison and 1 million being a low estimate of homeless people, and that people still aren't turning to demonstrations and riots.

Not ever have the words of rapper Brother Ali been more meaningfull - "...so engrained in the way that we think we don't even need chains to be enslaved"

Today, me and my friend went to the Global Marijuana March in Los Angeles, ready to stick it to the man. Expecting thousand of people, demanding their human right to choose what they consume. It was pathetic! There where maybe 20 people marching and 10 cops watching them. Like people are content with medical cannabis cards.

My single most deepest impression from the trip was a homeless man in his fifthies, on the ground, in fetal position, not beging, but crying while repeating "I give up". A dead man.

So, while high on some good weed, I came to think of an idea for a movie.

It's about a rich man, wanting to make a difference. Gathering all homeless, and people interested - rallying them all togheter in national parks. Where they are given tents, water, food - while building a sustainable life based on permaculture principles, and of course growing weed for everyone.

From there, they could be left alone, living like this. Or, more likely, the government would try to remove them, starting A NEW CIVIL WAR.

What do you guys think? Would this be a mind blowing picture, or is this something already on the mind of the average American?

2. nice post man. Im not american so i cant relate, but...

my first impression was that it would be a cooler idea if it was a homeless guy, and it was all underground. like low profile. then you should look into people that go off and build their own communities like on an island alone or some shit like that.. could prvide some inspiration.

i know this probably wont materialise but it would be interesting to see what people would want out of stories on grasscity. i cant see it mindblowing, i dont even really see it link to your sheep observation, but its still a cool idea with the whole civil war thing going on.

peace.

3. The first part of the post is mostly me lashing out, due to being frustrated after riding our bikes for 1 hour for a crappy demonstration, and not actually related to the movie idea. The movie idea came together with my experiences and seeing another typical Hollywood movie.

You have some good points. Deffinetly an idea worth exploring, should be able to spin something of it. Might try writing a book.

Actually have another idea too, in terms of pro legalization activism - after being part of that "demonstration". I was thinking one could fill a box with little bags containing cannabis and a description of medical effects/side-effects/mechanism like in a regular drug-description. Then hide the box on campus/a library and make a "treasure map" with hints on how to find it.

4. So you're going to make a movie about a man that gives people free things like drugs and other necessities, and all they have to do is do what he tells them?

That's cool I suppose. More people need handouts.

5. It would be about a man who kickstarts a movement, eventually capable of taking care of it self. Imagine working just a couple of hours every day, smoking and chilling with your friends the rest. People seem to have forgotten all you really need is food, water and shelter, the rest is extras.

Example: the american icon - automobile. I've never seen as big cars as in America. I have a friend who works in the mountains, driving on dirt roads, and sometimes no roads. He got a much smaller 4x4 than most Americans, if he wanted to he could buy a bigger one, money isn't the issue - there's just no point. But someone have convinced Americans this is what you need.

6. I don't know. The movie idea just isn't my thing. I guess I'd like to see how a group of people live on an island, but it's already been done with Castaway.:cool:

Tacoss indeed.:devious:

7. Hehe, isn't Castaway about Tom Hanks living alone on an island with is volleyball? :p

By the way, the purpose of this tread was movie ideas, because always when I'm high I'm thinking "oh, that would be a great movie". Anyone else have any?

8. Alright check it out its a story about two brothers and there.struggle to grasp the concept of "equivilent exchange"... Lol

9. Have to Remember is a dark comedy/thriller about a young, deaf teenager who, after his brother is being held hostage by a drug lord, wants to rescue him using his savy street smart skills to perform his own search and rescue operation. This becomes increasingly difficult after a failed kidnapping attempt leaves him with amnesia .