Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Light for growing one plant?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Artiluca, Mar 31, 2014.

1. What light do you guys recommend for one plant that i can buy online?

2. I use a plant light. You can get them at walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Don't grow just one plant, what if it dies?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 rain dancer, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Always go hid.

The plant can get as big or stay as small as you want depending on size of bucket/pot and strain. Pick a good soil like happy frog or fox farm ocean forrest. Always sterilize your soil with heat. Bake it or micrwave to kill any eggs, regardless of what soil you use.

Cfls, t5s etc suck for growing plants. Theyre greeat for cuts, clones etc, but if you want to smoke dank at the end, you need a proven light and nothing has really come close to hids with all the current tech besides plasma lights.

You could do leds. Low cost, but the buds wont get as big, thick, or resiny as with an hid.

I recommend 600w. I have two of them, but youd be fine with a 250w or 400w hid. EDIT: if you go 250w or 400w you can buy bulbs locally at almost any hardware store, such as home depot or lowes. You can buy the ballasts and hoods online.

I recommend quantum digital ballasts and sun system 2 hoods based on this thread:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51325

The guy tested all hoods on the market, picked the best n sold the rest and replaced all his old hoods with this one. It kicks some serious ass and can be found online with shipping for 80-90 bucks.

Keep in mind the products i listed are one time buys and will last a lifetime so theyll be slightly more expensive than the shit clones you can buy elsewhere.

Ive had this ballast running daily for 5+ years, 18 hours per day. Thats my experience.

Under a 600w you can grow 3-6 plants or 1 really huge monster. Your electric bill will only increase about 30-35 dollars per month but your plants will love you.

You can get 3 bulbs from 1000bulbs, 2 mh/hps and 1mh/hps, whatever combination you choose.

I recently helped a family member start a grow with what ive recommended snd it changed this persons life for the better.

Quote me if you have any questions.

Ps. i use the lst method of growing.

Heres a single sour d i grew years ago under the above listed equipment 600w setup.
    [​IMG]

Edit:i also recommend flat white paint. Ive tried them all from mylar to you name it. Flat white paint works best and is cheapest in my experience.