Best inexpensive method for making hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GanjaGrower420T, Feb 16, 2012.

1. I would love to invest in one of those bubble hash machines but right now I just can't afford one so I was wondering if any one knows any easy inexpensive yet effective methods for making hash from trim, also how much hash could I get from 15 big outdoor plants I know it really varies but an rough estimate would be nice, thanks guys!

2. I like bubble hash, it's just trim, lots of ice and water...no chems.
    you don't need a machine just the bags, and a drill with a paint mixer attached or you can do by hand. it's a good amount of work to make but quite rewarding when you have a plate of pure gooey goodness in the end. you should get over an ounce with trim from 15 plants, depending on how frosty it is and how much shake you have.

3. [quote name='"kuahiwi"']I like bubble hash, it's just trim, lots of ice and water...no chems.
    you don't need a machine just the bags, and a drill with a paint mixer attached or you can do by hand. it's a good amount of work to make but quite rewarding when you have a plate of pure gooey goodness in the end. you should get over an ounce with trim from 15 plants, depending on how frosty it is and how much shake you have.[/quote]

Oh really? Hmmm could you run me through the process? Do you just throw all the trim in the bags with ice water and mix it?

4. More or less, yes. Just mix away, pull out the bags, drain water, and scrape off the trichomes and let it dry for a day or so. The important thing is to keep it all as cold as possible and to not overmix and break up the plant material so much that it passes through the screen and into your hash. You'll know you've done so when the hash looks green and it will turn black later. You want it to just look golden from the trichomes.

How to Make Bubble Hash with Bubble Bags? : Detailed Guide

5. [quote name='"kuahiwi"']More or less, yes. Just mix away, pull out the bags, drain water, and scrape off the trichomes and let it dry for a day or so. The important thing is to keep it all as cold as possible and to not overmix and break up the plant material so much that it passes through the screen and into your hash. You'll know you've done so when the hash looks green and it will turn black later. You want it to just look golden from the trichomes.

How to Make Bubble Hash with Bubble Bags? : Detailed Guide[/quote]

Oh dude awesome that helps a ton

6. You could set up a dry sift system. And its cheap and no solvents to polute your final product. Good luck and happy hash making.

7. Yea Dude I just use the 5 gallon bucket bags. YouTube it there are a million videos to show u how to do it.

8. I freeze the trim 1 day before making hash with the bubble bags. Its a learning proccess the more you do it the more you will learn how to get more out of it. One thing we learned is if you spin the ice and trim to long the darker in color it can come out.

9. Get some 150 mesh stainless screen, and construct a sifter. The thing most people overlook when making dry sift is to freeze the trim(after drying of course) before sifting. Also, lightly loading a screen each time and only bouncing each load 4 or 5 times is the way to get the best quality kief. Some people like to run it twice, but you get a lot more vegetation on the 2nd run.
    About the quantity, it all depends on the quality of the trim and the trichome size. With strains that have super fat trichs, I will go with a 100 mesh screen, and with smaller sativa trichs I'll use a 150. Even after I make dry sift with a batch of trim, I give it to a buddy who makes bubble and he'll still get quite a bit of top notch bubble.

10. cart before horse ?

11. Make dry ice hash. By far the easiest and cheapest.

12. dry ice = cheap as fuck

13. I would say go with QWISO . you could even dry ice your buds/trim before and then turn that kief into a very nice oil.

theres many good guides on this site about qwiso. if your really interested in doing it dont be hesitant to private message me